How to get ear drops in a crazy cat

bjprather

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My friend's cat has a severe ear infection, but the cat isn't allowing my friend to put the ear drops in. The cat is almost feral so she doesn't like to be held, even by her "mom". Does anyone have suggestions on how to administer the ear drops or know of other ways, besides drops, of curing cat ear infections? Thanks!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bjprather

My friend's cat has a severe ear infection, but the cat isn't allowing my friend to put the ear drops in. The cat is almost feral so she doesn't like to be held, even by her "mom". Does anyone have suggestions on how to administer the ear drops or know of other ways, besides drops, of curing cat ear infections? Thanks!
I have a couple of ideas, but I'm not sure if they will work. Has your friend tried putting the ear drops in when she is sleepy and therefore more relaxed?

Also, if your friend is able to get a hold of the cat, he or she could try wrapping her in a towel with only her head sticking out, so she can't scratch or run away.

If nothing works at all, your friend might have to take her back to the vet and allow them to administer the ear drops.

ETA: Make sure to tell your friend not to make any sudden movements and to talk in a calming voice. Good luck.