Who has the oldest cat around here?

greenfossil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Merry Christmas, all.. My oldest cat, 'Fossil'.... is a 20-1/2 year old Maine Coon mix, and she's still going on and on, failing kidneys, arthritis, high blood pressure, and all.....she purrs and snuggles and still seems to love life.
It made me wonder if there are any other really old timers out there...if so, Fossil wants to wish everyone a happy snuggly holiday.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was wondering the same thing the other day!! My mum's cat Bonnie is nearly 17 - we got him when he was just a couple of weeks old after he'd been abandoned, We had to feed him with an eye dropper, which I thought was the coolest thing having this wee thing to nurse back to health.

He's still going strong and a very healthy cat - the only thing wrong with him is he's missing a leg and is a bit slower when hopping around these days.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well I cant beat that handsome age..........but I´ve got a couple of teenagers
.................any chance of some photos of Fossil, she sounds such a doll
we´d love to see her

heres some Christmas kisses
from my 3 kits have a good one !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

greenfossil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'll post some pictures when I get home.....I have 4 girlies....

Fossil 20-maine coon mix
Boo-15-black domestic shorthair
Cactus-6-bengal mix
Crow-3-black burmese mix

Never a dull moment at my place....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

greenfossil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Whoa....you're in Spain???....niiiice.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My oldest cat is somewhere around 17 I believe. All the rest are on the younger side. Fossil has a very apporpriate name.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fossil sounds like a wonderful cat! It's great that she's still going strong and loving life.

My oldest, Katie, is "only" 13 1/2 and is healthy and active. I hope we have many more years together!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents' cat, PJ, is 18-1/2. She's convinced she's still a kitten, however.

My own two boys can't beat that, although I hope one day they will: both of them are about 3 years old.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My most beloved boy Snoopy lived until he was 20. He passed on almost 2 years ago, but he was a part of the TCS family, when he passed on.

Right now, my oldest cat is Shane. He's 9. The other 3 are all pretty young, 4 years and younger.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kandie is 18.5 thou she says she is not a day over 6

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GreenFossil

Merry Christmas, all.. My oldest cat, 'Fossil'.... is a 20-1/2 year old Maine Coon mix, and she's still going on and on, failing kidneys, arthritis, high blood pressure, and all.....she purrs and snuggles and still seems to love life.
It made me wonder if there are any other really old timers out there...if so, Fossil wants to wish everyone a happy snuggly holiday.
My oldest Lily is only 10! So she's just a youngster compared to Fossil! Its great that she's lived this long! My cat Sweetie Pie was almost 16 when she died last year.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ox is currently 17 yrs 9 months. The vet thought he was 10 year younger. He's a beggar-loves popcorn, doritos etc... and checking out anything edible on the kitchen counter.