Eye Doctors

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all!

So I went for my annual eye exam last night after work. There happen to be some scheduling conflict that didn't allow me to see him at my appoited time. The wait wasn't too bad, maybe 15 minutes. So once I got in of course he dialated (sp?) my pupils as part of the examination.

By the time I left, it was 5 minutes before they closed. I get into my car and see nothing but Halos around every light...including the street signs. I went to a store parking lot for a bit, got in and walked the store, waiting for my eyes to undialate. I was a little better 45 minutes later so I went to my parents who live close by.

When I got there, my mom was surprised that my eye doctor didn't put a solution in my eyes to undialate my pupils. She said it still takes an hour, but its better then just waiting the 3 hours for the solution to wear off.

after I left my parents house, I was still seeling some halos, but not as bad as before.

Has anyone ever heard of the solution to undialate your eyes? Just curious as this is new to me.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, but it doesn't work the way that you think it will. It will constrict them to the point where you can't see very well. The best thing to do is wait for the original solution to ware off and for your eyes to return to normal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome...I guess next time I'll just make the appointment during the day time and wear sunglasses.

Thanks!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I never have to have mine dialated. But then again I haven't been to the eye doctor in a while. Maybe I need to schedule an appointment.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain I had an appointment last monday at the eye doctor to see about the scratch on my eye. After waiting over an hour- when i was on time- they hit me with some new kind of contact fee which was an extra $20 i did not have!
I swear- they wanted to charge me $20 to watch me put my contacts in my eye! That is rediculious! I've been wearing them for 12 yrs- i think i'm capable of doing that on my own. That's just an extra scam to make money. / I was supposed to have another appointment on friday for him to check my vision and change stuff (they waited for the scratch to heal). Well...they didn't even call me- they waited until I drove over 45 minutes to there office to tell me that he was sick and couldn't see me!
Isn't that nice. So they rescheduled my appointment for Tomorrow- but the thing is- on friday, my mom had the day off to drive me (i can't see at all when they dialiate my eyes)....but tomorrow i don't have anyone to drive me. I'm really annoyed with my eye doctor at the moment. I told then that I would NOT be paying another contact fee tomorrow and they said that was ok since i paid it on monday! What a rip off

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I feel your pain I had an appointment last monday at the eye doctor to see about the scratch on my eye. After waiting over an hour- when i was on time- they hit me with some new kind of contact fee which was an extra $20 i did not have
Was the fee to be fitted for contacts? i.e. nothing has changed on the eye that would require you to wear torque lenses or anything? If so $20 is CHEAP! I pay $55 to get fitted...and that's the standard price around here.

I agree though, the last 20 minutes of my appointments are always spent with the latest and greatest technology that is happening with contacts.

Yea, it didnt help that my eyes were extra dry last night too. The solution really stung when he put it in. Well at least its once a year.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never heard of that. I had mine dilated the week before last and it took them over 4 hours to go down. Actually at one point I looked kinda freaky because one was undialating a whole lot more than the other! I tried to take a pic with my pilot at work but it didn't come out too good.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Was the fee to be fitted for contacts? i.e. nothing has changed on the eye that would require you to wear torque lenses or anything? If so $20 is CHEAP! I pay $55 to get fitted...and that's the standard price around here.

I agree though, the last 20 minutes of my appointments are always spent with the latest and greatest technology that is happening with contacts.

Yea, it didnt help that my eyes were extra dry last night too. The solution really stung when he put it in. Well at least its once a year.
I just changed eye docs and had to pay a one time fee of $50....not that they had to do much but what can ya do ya know?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

And you don't have to put on a paper gown. I like any doctor where I can keep my clothes on!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch
Originally Posted by Abigail

and a no stirrups zone is always comforting. LOL
Those are always good points. Hmm..the stirrup zone or becoming a traffic hazard? Well I'm a pretty good driver...I can drive when there is an eyelash under my contact and one eye is teared up...so I'll take that over a that cold metal object.