New Here

gizzie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,

I just found this section of the forum so I can introduce myself before posting any more responses.

I found this forum when I was looking for some information on cats. I have never in my life owned a cat before and always been a dog person. However that has changed with this little furry thing that was born at the barn where I keep my two horses. I took him home when he was only 6 weeks old. After about one month my husband and I decided to get him a play mate so we got his litter mate than later I rescued another one that I could not bear to see in cold and knowing that she was not going to survive our cold winter in Chicago. Needless to say I am now a proud owner of 3 kittens Gizmo (Gizzie), Marbles (Marbalie), and Twinkie (Twinker-bell). The two I got first are 6 months old and the one I rescued is about 4 months old. So now I have 2 dogs, 3 cats, and 2 horses and no I don't have a farm.
But I have to say I never knew that cats have this much personality and can be so lovable. I am absolutely in love with these little guys and they are a joy in our lives. We don't have them with the dogs full time yet as I am worried they are too little to be un-supervised right now. However all 3 of them are very happy in a huge room with two closets and two climbing trees.

I am happy to have found this site as I really need some help to understand kitten’s behavior. I have red about 4 books about kittens and their health and learned a lot about them. I have been browsing this forum for a little white and find it very helpful and I am looking forward to learn more from all of you!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gizzie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I thought I would add pictures of my guys.

This is Marbles (the middle child)

This is Gizzie (our first born)

And Twinkie (the rescue baby)

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a wonderful thing you did giving these babies a home. As you have seen, they will show you true love
You have 3 gorgeous babies there. I cant wait to see more pics. Welcome to TCS!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TheCatSite, all!

Sure are glad you've been enjoying the forums and have gotten some helpful information about kittens. There are a lot of folks here who know a lot about cats, so hope all your questions can be answered! THANK YOU so much for adopting/rescuing the three little ones -- it IS a wonderful thing you are doing, which I'm sure you know; and yes, every cat is unique and wonderful!

We are 9 indoor, rescued, spayed/neutered felines and one devoted servant, who's lived with, loved, rescued, and advoCATed for cats all her life. Nicolas T. Cat is the eldest, at almost 17; and Baby Suha is the youngest, at just 2.
We hope you enjoy it here, and look forward to hearing all about your three and maybe even seeing pix of them (the Sticky's at the top of the page of posts tell how to do this)!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my! They are precious!
You will be entertained but so busy with three that age !

gizzie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for all your welcomes. I am looking forward to sharing my experience with everyone on this forum, posting more pictures (believe me I have over 500 of them
), and learning more about kittens/cats from you guys. I am absolutely amazed with these animals and they are the most unique creatures I have seen. When I rescued our little Twinkie she was in terrible condition. She was almost 4 months old only 1.8lb, terrible respiratory problem and was skinny to a point that you could feel her bones picking her up. Also when she tried to maw nothing would come out I figured it's because of the respiratory problem. We did visit our vet the day after I brought her home. When I brought her home she was afraid of everything and everyone and only 3 weeks later this little "nicely plumped" kitten loves on me and would not leave my site. Every morning 20 minutes before I have to wakeup to go to work all three of them sit on my bad and rub against me and purr... They always great me when I come home and they even know their names. I think I just taught Gizzie and Marbles how to sit. That was the funniest thing ever. Twinkie doesn't understand yet I think she needs to grow up a little. Both boys are fixed and Twinkie will not be fixed until she reaches at least 3.5lbs. That's what the vet told us not sure why but I fallow the order.

Thank you again for your welcome and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome, and congratulations! They're adorable! Just make sure you take tons of pictures, cause the DO grow up WAY too fast!!!

And being that I'm a middle child and LOVE classic tabbies, I think I have an affinity to your Marbles!

gizzie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the welcome!!! I take WAY too many pictures. I have literally 500 if not more. I will post some of them soon. These guys have very cute colors and none of them are pure breed or anything. Marbles and Gizmo were born on the farm and Twinkie & her sister were brought in to the barn by a mamma cat and Twinkie was half dead. Twinkie's sister is doing well at the barn but she was kind of porky and I still feed her every time I go visit my horses but Twinkie was on her last days except you can't tell now. I am so proud to see her this happy. I could not have asked for better kittens. Love them to peaces.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi & welcome to TCS!
Your babies are adorable! For some reason, Twinkie's face just gets to me...she's so cute!

If you need any help finding your way around, please feel free to click on my username & send me a private message

gizzie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Hi & welcome to TCS!
Your babies are adorable! For some reason, Twinkie's face just gets to me...she's so cute!

If you need any help finding your way around, please feel free to click on my username & send me a private message
Thank you so much for the offer. God knows I need help with these little guys as I have never had them in my life before. I am learning by reading and asking people around. I have to say though I have never visited the vet this many times before as I have with these guys. I freak out when I see something strange on them my vet smiles every time he sees me and even quit charging me for the visits.
I think I am getting better now I am getting to know these guys and pretty much know what's normal for them and what's not. I cannot wait for them to start roaming around the house with the dogs but I will take one step at a time. The dogs don't seem to be bothered by the kittens they are just wondering what those little creatures are and if they are staying or not. LOL

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and a warm welcome from Spain and my kit-crew

Your kits are so precious
bet you cant imagine life without them now

Well as you can see, its a great place here, we have loads to see and do, so beware you´ll soon become officially addicted
We have some fun now and then and theres always someone on hand to help with those little fur-critters of ours :bigthum:

Keep posting photos
we just love photos and your babies are so cute

Enjoy the forums !!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Gizzie:

You're doing a wonderful job in loving and raising your little kitten family. THANK YOU SO MUCH from all of us -- cats are #1 here!