Cat Trees rule!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So this weekend we bought a Cat Tree. Our local pet shop had them on sale.

Whitey has totally changed since we brought it home Saturday. He hasn't scratched on the furniture or the walls, or the Christmas tree as its tall enough for him to scratch on. He rarely leaves the top perch and basically just loves the new tree.

The other cats haven't attempted to go near it yet as White seems to want to hog it.

I'm not looking for a resolution for Whitey taking over the tree...I know the others will eventually get their turn with it, I just wanted to share this with everyone that has problems with cats scratching furnitures and walls.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I so agree. When they have a cat tree to play on it does usually deter them from going other places you don't want them to go. I put my xmas tree up at the weekend and Mosi hasn't touched it. I think that's because he has a tall cat tree right next to it (taller than the xmas tree) and he's happy climbing that.

crys12065

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats do not like their tree...I wish they did as I spent a lot of money on it!! They prefer the $20 target playset to the tree.

gizzie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought an 8 level cat tree that gives the apportunity for all 3 cats to play. I had a smaller tree and only one was always on it the other two didn't even dear to try to kick the boss cat off of the smaller tree. Now that I have 8 level tree everyone seems to be happy and have a place to hang out. It's huge about 78" tall but they love it and we are happy to see that the boss cat shares it with the other two.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Whitey has totally changed since we brought it home Saturday. He hasn't scratched on the furniture or the walls, or the Christmas tree as its tall enough for him to scratch on. He rarely leaves the top perch and basically just loves the new tree.

Yup - it is amazing what a well placed cat tree will do for a cat. For the first time since I've had this group of cats, I have my furniture floating in the room away from the walls. They started to scratch them and I simply moved a shorter cat tree behind them. They went to the tree immediately.

They are a life saver (or at least furniture saver) at times!!