The Pizza Guy Stole My CAT!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So last night my family ordered pizza from our favorite pizza place. The guy came and delivered it, and we all sat down to eat some. Well about 20 minutes later the phone rings. I pick up and the lady on the other end says "Hi this is Christine for People's Choice (name of the pizza place). Do you have a black cat?"
As she says that the first thing that comes to mind was oh no the pizza guy must have hit my cat. So hesitantly I reply "yes I do". She goes on to say, "oh good this must be your cat then. My delivery guy just realized that there's a cat in the back of his car."
I tell her that it must be my boy, and she tells me that she'll have him bring him back. So anyway the guy arrives back with my cat. I thank him like crazy for bringing him back, and not just dumping him out wherever he found him (like I'm sure most guys would have done). He tells me that he drove all the way back to the pizza place to pick up the next delivery with no knowledge that he had a stowaway in the back. He picked up the next delivery and was on his way to deliver it when he heard a noise coming from the back of his SUV. Thinking that there was something wrong with the car he pulled over and took a look. Low and behold it was a cat, my cat. So sammy must have jumped in while the poor pizza guy was brining my food to the door.
I gave him a second tip for his trouble and having to come all the way back. I guess from now on I'm going to have to warn future pizza guys to keep thier car doors closed!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Little Sammy obviously likes pizza then
OMG can you imagine if they´d not been able to find out whose kitty Sammy was..........
...........bet you could have hugged him to pieces..............and Sammy too

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reilly did that when she was younger.
She jumped in the back of our neighbors friends car and he went all the way home (about 20 miles from here) before he knew it!
He brought her back the next day bathed, well fed and safe

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amaxing adventure ...

Sammy it is not proper to be a stow away... always ask permission from mom before leaving the house

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! LOL I know I shouldn't laugh because it could have turned out so dreadfully different than it did. But I can just imagine the driver pulling over and checking out his car only to find out he had a stow away in the back of it, hehe

Kitty wanted to help him deliver pizza!!!

It was great of them to call their customers to find out! I'm glad your kitty is home safe and sound after his mini adventure.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

It would be scary enough for me to stop letting the cat out.
I agree, i'd be scared too. All my mischevious animals are indoors only
I wouldn't wanna know what kind of mischif/trouble they'd get into outside

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I agree, i'd be scared too. All my mischevious animals are indoors only
I wouldn't wanna know what kind of mischif/trouble they'd get into outside
Well usually there's not much trouble for him to find. We have quite a large farm with lots of land. Were far from the road so I don't have to worry about cars hitting him on the road and that sort of thing. We have a horse barn that he hangs out in most of the time. If I lived in a regular neighborhood I certainly wouldnt let him out. I guess I just need to be more careful about guests taking him home in thier cars though. He's always loved rides.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

I guess I just need to be more careful about guests taking him home in thier cars though. He's always loved rides.
Sounds like it
lol..did he try to get into the pizza at all? If my Jasmine had been in that car, she would have eaten the entire thing
She likes cheese

bemyonlyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Sounds like it
lol..did he try to get into the pizza at all? If my Jasmine had been in that car, she would have eaten the entire thing
She likes cheese
oh! that reminds me of an unpleasant story someone told here about a few kitties who indulged in too much pizza and were sick as a result.