How long do Bengals grow?

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone. My Nazumi is half Bengal. Moms a bengal dad is unknown. I was wondering how big they normally get and how long they grow? Nazumi just turned 7 months old and is already over 13 lbs. He's still getting much taller and longer too. Seems like hes bigger every time I hold him! Anyways anyone know how long they grow?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My vet said about 2-3 yrs ... I hope to get that clarified..

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The growth slows down considerably at 18 months. You may see minimal changes beyond that, depending on diet.

Average bengal weights are:

Males: 9 to 15 lbs

Females: 6 to 12 lbs

There are exceptions of course. We have had 18 to 20 lb male bengals in the past.

Jacks father is reported to be 24 lbs now. That is definitely unusual.

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, he's a big boy! Maybe its his 'other half' thats contributing to his size? Its a waiting game no matter what, but isn't it amazing watching him grow up?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

The growth slows down considerably at 18 months. You may see minimal changes beyond that, depending on diet.

Average bengal weights are:

Males: 9 to 15 lbs

Females: 6 to 12 lbs

There are exceptions of course. We have had 18 to 20 lb male bengals in the past.

Jacks father is reported to be 24 lbs now. That is definitely unusual.
Thanks. I wonder if hes gonna take after his mom as far as growth of a Bengal. I know they told me his mom and brothers are about 8 lbs. He was 9 lbs when I got him.

Originally Posted by tiffanyjbt

Wow, he's a big boy! Maybe its his 'other half' thats contributing to his size? Its a waiting game no matter what, but isn't it amazing watching him grow up?
Yeah I guess it probably is his other half. He doesnt to me look like a Bengal at all. Hes a blue tabby and white. No bengal markings at all. But he definatly has the personality down.