Calico Size: Will she get any bigger?

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My wife and I were wondering how much bigger Reeses is going to get (if at all). She is about 15 or 16 months and to us she just looks so little compared to other cats we know, especially our friend's white domestic short hair.

Is she done growing do you think, or will she get any bigger?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
she's probably done. my youngest 2 haven't changed much in the last year. Cable's 2 now & Java will be 2 in January.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say shes done. Unless she is a breed that is slow matureing. Shes probably just gonna be a tiny girl. Annie Rose is only 5 lbs and Kitten is 7 1/2. Lily who is IMO a normal sized cat is 9 lbs. Kitten stopped growing at 6 months old. Annie Rose stopped at a little over a year. Lily stopped at 8 months. Nazumi is 7 months and growing like a weed.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Calico Sibohan is about 10-12 lbs depending on the season, she bulks up in the winter because of the fur. She is 6 years old now and hab't changes size since I got her at the age of 2 years

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If Reesees is a DSH, as she looks to be from her pic, I'd say she's just going to be a small cat. Kinda like one of my friends, who is in her twenties and only 4'10"... poor girl gets taken for a teenager constantly!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, when it comes to DSH & size, they're all over the place. all of mine would be considered DSH. Chip weighs 14 pounds, Pixel weighs 13, Java weighs about 11 pounds & Cable's about 9 pounds. Java is very long & lean, like a Siamese, & has a really pointy face. she's as long as Pixel, but Pixel's much stockier & has a much flatter face. Cable & Chip have faces in between those two - more projection than Pixel, less than Java. Chip has big shoulders but not a large behind - Pixel's just the opposite.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Callista

If Reesees is a DSH, as she looks to be from her pic, I'd say she's just going to be a small cat. Kinda like one of my friends, who is in her twenties and only 4'10"... poor girl gets taken for a teenager constantly!
What is a DSH? I haven't been on here long enough to know that

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

What is a DSH? I haven't been on here long enough to know that
domestic short hair - basically, your ordinary, common-variety, cat with short hair that's not a specific breed. DLH is domestic long hair.

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ceci is almost a year old and she weighs about 5-6 pounds, very lightweight. She isnt very small anymore, so im guessing she may just be a small cat. Im guessing she will be about 8 pounds full grown, if she does pack on a few more pounds

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats are just little! We have a couple 7-pounders at the shelter!

Gracie is tiny (at 8lbs, 12oz) compared to Raphael (12lbs, 2oz) and Leo (15lbs even)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My guess is that she's likely done growing and is just going to be a petite kitty.
Nothing wrong with that! My Velvet is tiny...she's always been that way- but she's in great health at age 10 now
. As long as your vet say's she's in good health/shape- you should have no worries- sounds like everything's working well to me with her...she's just gonna be a little girl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

domestic short hair - basically, your ordinary, common-variety, cat with short hair that's not a specific breed. DLH is domestic long hair.
As soon I as I asked the question and left the room it clicked "domestic short hair...dur"

Yeah she was 7lbs at her first checkup with us and then she lost about a pound due to her being sick, but she's packing it back on again, eating more than I've ever seen her eat.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah some cats just stay small. I have a Calico too that is very small, she's half the size of all my other boys.