Febreze!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found two awesome holiday scents in the Febreze Air Effects!
Apple Cinnamon and Fresh Evergreen & Snow!
They are limited edition so I bought 3 of each

My house smells sooooooooooooooo Christmassy! (is that a word?
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

That sounds yummy!!!!!!
Oh Nikki it smells like back home in Kentucky! Makes me want to come home
Next year, we're getting a REAL tree!
Just because I love the smell

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't get real trees mostly cause dad doesn't like the real ones and allergies. But I can step outside and smell pine trees and I am going to try to learn how to make apple pie from scratch. So I can smell it in the house. But in the meantime I think I will get me some febreeze.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

I can't get real trees mostly cause dad doesn't like the real ones and allergies. But I can step outside and smell pine trees and I am going to try to learn how to make apple pie from scratch. So I can smell it in the house. But in the meantime I think I will get me some febreeze.
I miss that smell. My dad is in Ky right now and I'm SOOOOO jealous! I wanted to go so badly but with the kids school and our work it wasn't possible. I want to show the kids snow and see where I grew up and that there is a such thing as a "White Christmas" and season changes

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

I miss that smell. My dad is in Ky right now and I'm SOOOOO jealous! I wanted to go so badly but with the kids school and our work it wasn't possible. I want to show the kids snow and see where I grew up and that there is a such thing as a "White Christmas" and season changes
Sounds like you are getting homesick. One good thing about Kentucky is they have one of the lowest living expenses rate in the country maybe even in the world. I think people here take it for granted. My sister had to go to Louisianna with her fiance' about his other two daughters and she said she is convinced that she will never live anywhere but Kentucky and Tennessee because we have season changes and its not really too hot or too cold. And you have such a wide area of things to do and see.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

Sounds like you are getting homesick. One good thing about Kentucky is they have one of the lowest living expenses rate in the country maybe even in the world. I think people here take it for granted. My sister had to go to Louisianna with her fiance' about his other two daughters and she said she is convinced that she will never live anywhere but Kentucky and Tennessee because we have season changes and its not really too hot or too cold. And you have such a wide area of things to do and see.
Oh I have been homesick for a very long time now. It's been 11 years since I've been home. I'm from Shelbyville and it was sooo beautiful there. I hated moving. In January Reggie and I will have a choice, either take a trip up there or possibly get a new truck...
It's gonna be a tough decision!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alot of things are changing alot of new housing and such as that. Not nearly as much as other places. But here when they build a house they make it pretty good sized and like my sister she paid $160,000 for a three bedroon 2 1/2 bedroom house with a bonus room that could be used as a bedroom, a small office, dinning room, front entrance way, eat in kitchen, living room, two car garage, and five acreas. And I am certain I forgot something about it. But from what I hear about other places like Florida $160,000 will be lucky to get you a small house or even less. Not sure how true it is.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alycia, even though I'm in West Virginia, we USUALLY have a white Christmas--but I don't think snow will come this year.It seems like it will be a green Christmas here and in KY.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love Febreeze
I haven't smelled the new stuff... but I am going to Target today

A side note about Febreeze because I know some of you have birds and may not be aware... According to the manufacturer, birds should be removed from the room you are spraying Febreeze in and not be brought back in until the material you sprayed it on has dried.

rosey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
^ i was about to say the same thing since a lot of people have birds. I love febreeze too but I can't use it because of the birds.

The same is true of scented candles, and teflon pots and pans.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

Wouldn't you think that if it kills birds, it can't be very good for people??
No. Birds are more sensitive to things than we are. Febreeze when used properly is safe for humans and animals... with birds being the only exception.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

No. Birds are more sensitive to things than we are. Febreeze when used properly is safe for humans and animals... with birds being the only exception.
MY point is, if it harms any living thing, than its components cannot be good for us. Maybe we won't drop dead immediately, but pollutants, or free radicals build up in our bodies, and I try to limit as much unnecessary toxicity as possible. I need to leave room for candy, alcohol, and caffeine.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

MY point is, if it harms any living thing, than its components cannot be good for us. Maybe we won't drop dead immediately, but pollutants, or free radicals build up in our bodies, and I try to limit as much unnecessary toxicity as possible. I need to leave room for candy, alcohol, and caffeine.
Then just don't use it then!

Seriously, I can't adapt that way of thinking because I feel like I would be living in a bubble. Anything if used improperly can cause harm to living things.

rosey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It has something to do with the way the birds upper respitory system is set up. They breathe deeper than we do.

Would you give your cat or dog chocolate because it's ok for you?