I don't care what my mom says..fake potatoes are YUMMY!!!LOL..

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I reluctantly bought some of that fake potato mix with gravy to make with my meatloaf cuz I didn't feel like peeling real potatoes and doing all that crap to them...

AND the verdict is that the fake potatoes were gooooooooood

Don't tell my mom

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister uses those sometimes and likes them
/ I don't eat potatoes, so i don't have a preferance
Hey- as long as you enjoyed your dinner, that's all that matters

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
they ARE good and a heck of a lot faster than real ones, which increases their deliciousness by at least 10

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of the "potatoes in a box", like au grautin and scalloped potatoes aren't half bad either, and most of them are microwavable now.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

Some of the "potatoes in a box", like au grautin and scalloped potatoes aren't half bad either, and most of them are microwavable now.
And they are GOOD!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Instant mashed potatos aren't fake, they're as real as the one's you peel and boil forever. I saw on some food network, how they make them. They're 100% potatoe, they've just be dehydrated. I LOVE them.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Instant mashed potatos aren't fake, they're as real as the one's you peel and boil forever. I saw on some food network, how they make them. They're 100% potatoe, they've just be dehydrated. I LOVE them.
That's true! I did too! They are good. When I am just up to %&*$#@ with the word and after a long day I will make them. I add sour scream and parmesan cheese with a little dill and then voila!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It has probably been at least 20 years since I tried them and at that time they were pretty bad. I hadn't tried them recently. Maybe your mom is like me and she is remembering what they used to be like.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Denice

It has probably been at least 20 years since I tried them and at that time they were pretty bad. I hadn't tried them recently. Maybe your mom is like me and she is remembering what they used to be like.
They are MUCH better than the old ones. I used to hate when my mom would make them. My grandma, who cooks everything from scratch, has even started buying them. They're super good and so easy. In fact, DH and I just bought some at Costco today.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I havn't had them in a while but they are good.
Now I just get bob evans already made mashed potatoes (or a cheaper version) at the store. Much easier LOL.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like instant potatoes, or even that Minute Rice. Neither taste like what they are supposed to be.

A couple years ago I was in the hospital I was on a low fat, no salt, lactose free diet there. Blech! You don't know disgusting until you have been served instant potatoes reconstituted with water and no salt!!!!! Totally gross! LOL

enkeli-kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
*shudders* You guys LIKE those dehy potatoes????? I can't STAND them!!! Ewwww....for me they taste sooo bad...and the taste lingers and they smell awful too.

I love potatoes, but for some reason I just cannot stand the dried ones. Yuuuuck...

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually make my instant potato's with more milk the they call for, very little water. Thanks the secret to the best instant potato's in the world. I just love them, I can eat them as my entire meal, to be honest.