Probably for the girls this one...

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Eep!
There I was on my happy little cloud, when I suddenly remembered I have a date on thursday and I currently resemble a hairy cave woman

I'm afraid to wax (bad with pain) and I've probably left it too late. Do hair removal creams grow back all stubbly? Do they work? Are they ok for people with quite sensitive skin (if i get the gentle kind)?
*procrustination panic*

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Uh..this is SUNDAY. Just how MUCH hair do you have to remove? If it's going to take more than four days, you might want to consider BATHING in Nair

I've found that shaving legs and pits, the day of the date are adequate (if I don't have time, I just keep my pants ON
)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless you have abnormally thick hair, the hair removal lotions work just fine. You may want to consider leaving it on for 10 minutes (twice as long) just to make sure it all gets off.

Otherwise just be rid of the stuff that shows...if its a first date hairy legs would always keep me in check

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

Uh..this is SUNDAY. Just how MUCH hair do you have to remove? If it's going to take more than four days, you might want to consider BATHING in Nair

I've found that shaving legs and pits, the day of the date are adequate (if I don't have time, I just keep my pants ON
)
I agree...

Don't you know that if you take the time to rid yourself of hair, there will be NO reason for the pants to leave your body anyhow..?

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

)
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I agree...

Don't you know that if you take the time to rid yourself of hair, there will be NO reason for the pants to leave your body anyhow..?
Hmmm, over 5 minutes and no sign of Queen Jan....

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have sensitive skin like me- you do NOT wanna use anything like a diplatory (Nair,Nads) on it- you'll regret it
I found out the hard way
/ Instead, try waxing or if you find that too painful- shave

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I actually did that once, didn't shave so that I would be forced to behave myself

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

)
Oh boy

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I actually did that once, didn't shave so that I would be forced to behave myself
OMG I'm
All I have to add is if you all are going to so much trouble I hope whoever it is your shaving for
Shaves big time

ooh: Jan everyones trying to take over for ya

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well since I become a hairy cave woman after about a day I just shave that day right before the date. It works. Sadly I inharited my dads hair genes.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Then shave on the day of the date then.
It's not until later right? I'm assuming that you'll have some time before mr possibility shows up so shower then. Between work and the date....

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

If you have sensitive skin like me- you do NOT wanna use anything like a diplatory (Nair,Nads) on it- you'll regret it
I found out the hard way
/ Instead, try waxing or if you find that too painful- shave
I have a scar from a chemical burn from Nair and I refuse to ever use it again. I simply shave but if its a first date don't shave it will make you behave yourself that is if that's what you want to do anyway.
And use a good shave gel like skintimate and they make them for sensitive skin and also use a good razor. I once made the mistake of using a dull razor when I was 15 and I have a scar on my ankle where the razor slipped and cut me so deeply that I passed out from the pain.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Opps hit send too early was going to say the cut wasn't too deep but at the time it felt worse than it really was. But anyway like I said simply shave that morning and put a really good lotion on your legs afterwards there is some kind of lotion that is gentle that helps slow down the growth of hair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Honestly, you all just live in the gutter don't you

I have tried veet on my legs, normal kind, and while it worked it made my legs itch so much I had to wash them in icy water and face wash for about an hour before the itch went away. I've never used it since.
I think I need a good razor, not my usual cheepo own brand disposables. And shaving cream instead of liquid soap.
And fyi, its not a first date its an xmas one. We've been together for 14 months ish
We make a huge effort on special dates, which for me includes removing my insulating winter layer of leg hair

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread made me laugh so hard....

Anyway, if you have sensitive skin and need to shave areas other than legs and underarms, like say you're planning on going swimming or into a hottub or spa with your date,
I recommend this trimmer.

It gets close to the skin and doesn't nick or irritate like shaving or waxing. A friend recommended it to me (and actually bought me one for Christmas last year...) and I haven't used anything else since.

Enjoy your date!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been over 24 hours, and no Gutter Queen. Can anyone go check on Jan, she must not be feeling well????

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

This thread made me laugh so hard....

Anyway, if you have sensitive skin and need to shave areas other than legs and underarms, like say you're planning on going swimming or into a hottub or spa with your date,
I recommend this trimmer.

It gets close to the skin and doesn't nick or irritate like shaving or waxing. A friend recommended it to me (and actually bought me one for Christmas last year...) and I haven't used anything else since.

Enjoy your date!
Does it pull or anything like that I might look into that

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like using the Venus razor. I have not cut myself at all since using it. It works well for the underarms too except a fresh blade seems to cut mighty close!!
The disposable venus razor wannabees are not as good.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

Does it pull or anything like that I might look into that
I've never had it pull or anything.

My husband picked it up by mistake one morning and used it on his beard rather than HIS trimmer. Ever since he keeps threatening to go buy one for himself because he says it works better than any he's tried before.