Fromm Four-Star Cat Food

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wondering if anyone has tried this food? I'm currently searching for a dry food that contains no beef, fish or chicken since I'm going through food allergies with Nakita. Quite the challenge!

I tried Natural Balance Venison and Pea - Nakita wouldn't eat it. I then went over to Prescription foods but she never would eat the required amounts. Also, Nature's Logic brand cat food isn't available here (at least in my area).

So I picked up Fromm's Duck a la Veg. It's a little heavy on the fruits/veggies but I want to stick with it IF Queen Nakita will continue eating it. While she was on the prescription Duck and Rice her itching totally stopped. I tried reintroducing California Natural Chicken and Rice and she started to itch a little this past week. If this doesn't work, my other option is Nature's Variety Lamb and Oatmeal (not sure if she'll eat that).

Here's the link:Duck a la Veg

I would love to just change her over to a wet food diet (no problem finding duck and rabbit canned foods) but that's not possible right now with this kibble addicted cat. I tried this past summer and she literally starved herself instead.

I would welcome any user experiences. Thanks!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is not an allergy food ... in the top ten ingrediants I see at least three big allergens ...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I should have clarified, that I know it's not an allergy food.
From looking at what Nakita used to eat and then reintroducing the California Natural, it seems that chicken is her 'allergy' trigger.

Right now I'm not set on any food, just looking at options when it comes to dry food with no chicken.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
hummm... I would say try it but it is complicated and may cause more issues ...

have you tried the cal natural herrring??? it is simple

have access to Evangers???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

hummm... I would say try it but it is complicated and may cause more issues ...

have you tried the cal natural herrring??? it is simple

have access to Evangers???
I know the Fromm's can cause more problems because of the diverse list of ingredients. I was so hoping the California Natural would be the solution!

I've stayed away from any fish...Nakita hates fish (hmm...is she even a cat?
) Evangers doesn't do a dry food, do they? I have no problem finding a canned food, the problem is she won't eat canned as a main source of food...she wants her dry.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nature's Logic is available on amazon.com

Their rabbit kibble does contain some chicken. Gizmo still scratches a bit, but she loves the food and is doing extremely well on it, so we both put up with a little inconvenience.

They've got the only rabbit kibble out there.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes Evangers makes a dry ... pheasent with something..lmao...