Get ready for photos!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I borrowed a friends digital SLR today to get photos of the kitties at the shelter so we can make up a bunch of "Please adopt me" photos.

I think this might be the generic "Visit the shelter to adopt a kitty like me" photo.

There's 3 tabby boys who look the same, and simillar ages (but aren't related), and also came in at about the same time, but from completely different areas. So they became Huey, Dewey and Louie. Not sure who is who here

Mickey

Minnie

Mickey and Minnie snuggling

The handsome Alex (he's been there since May
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Momma who got surrendered last week at age 12

Harley talking to the camera (not the most flattering shot)

Poppers looking smug because he just charmed people into adopting him :clapping:

The gorgeous Winnie

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

As the saying goes - "A picture's worth a thousand words" and boy is this one. Sums up just about everything we try to say to get folks to adopt out these beautiful babies from shelters. That is definitely poster material for the shelter.
Great pictures of all the little ones and best of luck in finding them some furever homes.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

aww.............a buddy for Trout
That was just what I was gonna say! Nat is gonna have a fit when she sees this one!

They are all BEAUTIFUL!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys, we're doing what we can! There's currently 12 cats who've been there 4 months or longer!
And the main office staff at the shelter are dog people, so we sometimes feel that the cats get forgotten about...

So there's a few of us volunteers who are friends who have started doing a bit extra to get these guys out of there, and now other volunteers are also saying "What can I do to help you? I tried asking the staff if there was more I could do and they didn't get back to me". The volunteers there are fantastic, and they're an underutilised resource! We're all there because we love the kitties, and want to do everything we can!

It's amazing what a bunch of willing volunteers can achieve

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Huey, Dewey and Louie are so handsome!! That's so great that you are helping the kitties out

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It just breaks my heart that someone would surrender Mama kitty at that advanced age. Mama would be a perfect cat to adopt out to an elderly person, since so many shelters are worried to adopt to the elderly. Still I just don't know how someone could do that to a senior cat like that.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Mama's so pretty! i would have a hard time resisting her if i were in your area

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

It just breaks my heart that someone would surrender Mama kitty at that advanced age. Mama would be a perfect cat to adopt out to an elderly person, since so many shelters are worried to adopt to the elderly. Still I just don't know how someone could do that to a senior cat like that.
I know, it makes me so mad!!!! She's only been there a week, but we're going to do up a poster of her and get it around to senior centres and places like that and hopefully someone like that will take her soon!