Shopping for jeans AKA my worst nightmare!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ripped a hole in my favorite pair of jeans last weekend, so they had to be retired. Today, I decided to go out an attempt to find some new ones. During this expedition I realized that there are three maddening factors about shopping for jeans.

1. The rise. Ultra Low Rise jeans shouldn't mean that the crotch is some where around my knees.

2. Sizes. How is it that I can try on a size two and they are huge, then turn around and try on a size three from the SAME designer and I can't zip them up? This is some kind of strange conspiracy to make me feel skinny and fat in less than five minutes!

3. Dressing rooms. I've watched WAY too many 20/20 episodes about some unsuspecting woman winding up on the internet because some perv filmed her. I feel like I should be trying on clothes in a lead bunker with a rabid tiger sitting out front standing guard.

I didn't find any jeans. I think I'm just going to wear PJ pants for the rest of my life.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to feel the exact same way!

Now I get my jeans at Vanity. They have tons of different styles, of course they all have different sizes and fits, but they are what I live in.

If I had my way, I'd buy Silvers! They fit me like a glove and I love them... but I can't justify paying $70 for ONE pair of jeans
I can go to Vanity and get 3 for that price, that fit just as well

Good luck in your jeans shopping! If I could, I'd live in my PJ pants all the time too

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hun, if you are a size 2, you get no sympathy from me

I hate jeans shopping because of my freakishly large hips..if I were a size 2 I wouldn't have any problem jean shopping

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Hun, if you are a size 2, you get no sympathy from me
I used to be a size 20! For some reason it just seemed easier to pick out clothes when I was that size.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a pair from Talbots in October-I finally fit into them about 10 days ago. I waited until they went on sale and marked down a couple of times so they were half price!! I hear you about different pants from same designer fitting or not fitting!! I have two pairs that fit me so I'm happy with that!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I got a pair from Talbots in October-I finally fit into them about 10 days ago. I waited until they went on sale and marked down a couple of times so they were half price!! I hear you about different pants from same designer fitting or not fitting!! I have two pairs that fit me so I'm happy with that!!
Talbots has jeans? They may be my next stop.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Newport News Jeanology jeans have several different cuts and fits. Lately, I've had good luck with Walmart's Faded Glory brand. I'm broad-hipped and long-legged and don't have much of a butt. I HATE jeans, with enough room in the butt to raise a family in.

luvslive

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I HATE jeans shopping too! Everything is at least a foot too long. I am only 5 feet, so sometimes "cropped" pants are the way to go. Or, you might find me in the girl's section, looking at their larger sizes. I too wish that they would all use the same sizing. (spelling?) It is soo frustrating! And the low rise is just ridiculous. I become so self concious pulling my pants up all the time, what is the point? Really, being petite doesn't make shopping easy in most places...most places don't carry my size! Being a size 6 or 8 would be ideal for shopping sake. Or at least being tall and thin, which seems to be the standard.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uhhh I hate shopping for jeans too!!!! I'm 4'11'' and it seems like all of the jeans out there are made for people about a foot taller than me, even the short fits
I hate shopping for pants!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My biggest frustration is I have an odd body type. I have no butt and no hips, but I have really long legs. The jeans that I have found that fit me are over $100.00!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yup, jeans shopping is a nightmare! My problem is that my hips are huge and my waist is relatively smaller, so if I find jeans that fit my fat butt and hips, it's huge around my waist and even with a belt, looks silly!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Yup, jeans shopping is a nightmare! My problem is that my hips are huge and my waist is relatively smaller, so if I find jeans that fit my fat butt and hips, it's huge around my waist and even with a belt, looks silly!
That is generally my problem, which is why, when I found perfect jeans yesterday I didn't even look at the price tag

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

3. Dressing rooms. I've watched WAY too many 20/20 episodes about some unsuspecting woman winding up on the internet because some perv filmed her. I feel like I should be trying on clothes in a lead bunker with a rabid tiger sitting out front standing guard.
OMG I´ve never heard of this before

same probs here too - big hips - small waist - only 5`2" - leg length 30" - although I must Eddie Bauer do a fairly good range

OK manufactureres of jeans - how come all the women of the world cant get jeans to fit them, and you lot still keep making the wrong sizes
do boys have the same probs ???

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

OMG I´ve never heard of this before

same probs here too - big hips - small waist - only 5`2" - leg length 30" - although I must Eddie Bauer do a fairly good range

OK manufactureres of jeans - how come all the women of the world cant get jeans to fit them, and you lot still keep making the wrong sizes
do boys have the same probs ???
I just asked my husband, and this is what he said word for word. "No, I usually don't have a problem. I go there, try a few on, they fit, and I leave."

I just want some sort of standard sizing.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

my BF is the same, picks up a pair in his size, 5 mins later, I get 'these are good lets go' and they always look good
John did that yesterday, without trying them on - and they looked great!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if Lands End is still offering customer made jeans and khaki pants.
It would be another option.