Requesting Vibes for our Tippy

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tippy is my first rescue kitty, a plain blue tabby with a tiny white tip to his tail, that i saw eating leaves (!!) at the end of my driveway. He would run if we made eye contact, for months, but he did quickly learn I was putting out food behind a shrub in front of my house..where no one could see him (except me looking out my picture window).

It took almost a year to gain his trust and during that time he severly bit my husband twice (think abcess, antibiotics, the works).

That was 6 years ago and we love him dearly. He's never bitten nor mis-behaved since we brought him inside.

Now he's just not himself, and labs show elevated kidney values, his kidneys are enlarged and my vet says if his urine culture and senitivity doesn't come back saying he has an infection, she fears cancer...our next step if that c&s is negative, is an ultrasound and biopsy of his kidneys.

Ack is all I can say. Just ack.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dont_eat_bambi

I am so sorry. I feel your pain.
Thank you, and I am so sorry - I read your thread about your kitty

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I sending
and prayers Tippy will be fine

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys, I'll keep everyone posted.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tippy will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping for the best possible outcome for him and that his condition is treatable.

kittykaren

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I feel your pain. Lots of vibes for Tippy!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. We should know this week if we are proceeding to an u/s and biopsy.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could say it was good news, but it isn't. Tippy does not have a bladder or kidney infection, and we are now proceeding to an abdominal u/s and a fine needle biopsy of his enlarged kidneys.

He could really use your continued thoughts and prayers.
I will post results once we have them.