or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Requesting Vibes for our Tippy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Requesting Vibes for our Tippy - Page 4

post #91 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix View Post
Tippy is responding well to the calcitriol..his creatinine has dropped to 2.7 from 3.2, and bun went from 42 to 38, the most significant is the improvement in his creatinine. His phos level and calcium level's are good.

However, he has a protein/creatinine ratio that is way, way off, and my vet is seeking another opinion before we procede with adding another medication.

His cysts I found out measure from 5 mm to 2.1 cm in size, pretty large.

His albumin is low, which goes along with his proteinuria and is what we will be trying to address. I've been told if we can not stop the proteinuria and falling albumin level, he may begin third spacing - where fluid would collect in his chest, his abdomen...so now I will be watching him for any signs of respiratory difficulty or swelling in his abdomen.

So.......if we can take care of the albumin level and proteinuria, his crf is responding to his medication, and as my vet said, he could be with us for a good bit Fingers are crossed.
Sending up vibes that you'll be able to address the albumin level and proteinuria. I'm so glad to hear is crf is responding to the medication!!! I'm sorry to hear about his blood pressure, but hopefully meds will help that too.

Tippy's got a reason to fight, and you are it. I hope he remains happy and comfortable for quite some time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie
post #92 of 157
Thanks for the update. Sounds like your vet (and you of course) is on top of it and I'm glad to hear that!
post #93 of 157
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u View Post
Thanks for the update. Sounds like your vet (and you of course) is on top of it and I'm glad to hear that!
Thanks..just heard from my vet, she is going to go ahead and add benazpril (think this is the med) to what he is getting, but is first getting a consult with a specialist who comes to the practice once a week, as she put it, on how to best micromanage Tippy.
post #94 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix View Post
Thanks..just heard from my vet, she is going to go ahead and add benazpril (think this is the med) to what he is getting, but is first getting a consult with a specialist who comes to the practice once a week, as she put it, on how to best micromanage Tippy.
Very good! Yes, Benzapril (or however it's spelled) is familiar. Tippy's BP will also be a indicator of fluid build up. Poor Tippy...

I tell ya Pat, all this PKD stuff is just flooding back for me. Such a nasty disease. But just know I REALLY understand what you're going through.
post #95 of 157
Just checking in - how's everything going? I've kept Tippy in my "vibe" prayers!

Laurie
post #96 of 157
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDG View Post
Just checking in - how's everything going? I've kept Tippy in my "vibe" prayers!

Laurie
He's on day two of an additional medication - Benzapril. He'll have bp rechecked and labs rechecked next, then we up the dose, and check everything again.

But re the cat himself...he is even quieter, and I am not sure what I think. Knowing the new lab results will help me understand.
post #97 of 157
Sending lots of {{{vibes}}} to you and Tippy.
post #98 of 157
I sure hope the new medication & dose adjustments help. It's great that your vet is consulting a specialist for him, so he can get the absolute best care possible. Still sending prayers for your sweet boy
post #99 of 157
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedokitties View Post
I sure hope the new medication & dose adjustments help. It's great that your vet is consulting a specialist for him, so he can get the absolute best car possible. Still sending prayers for your sweet boy
Thank you, I'll have more to report in a day or two. Crossing fingers...
post #100 of 157
Sending vibes, crossing fingers. Thanks for keeping us posted!

Laurie
post #101 of 157
Just dropping in to check updates and renew the "vibestream"
post #102 of 157
Continued vibes and hugs for you and Tippy. I hope the new meds and the specialist help.
post #103 of 157
Thread Starter 
Tippy's blood pressure was MUCH better today. He was 200-220 on 1/13, begun on Norvasc, and on Benazpril on Monday. Today's bp was 158-160.
Now waiting for in-house bun/creatine, which I'll post when I hear from the vet.

He was a good boy, he's relaxing more in the carrier/during car ride, and relaxed fairly quickly in the exam room.
They did the bloodwork with me in the room (I got to assist by holding him), which I appreciated. If he hears a dog, he gets very nervous, and I didn't want him around the dogs in the back area.

Thanks to everyone for their continued thoughts and vibes for Tippy. We appreciate it!
post #104 of 157
Thread Starter 
I didn't post a second update yesterday because there was a question about the accuracy of one result.

Tippy's Bun is now 36, and after an initial scare of being told his Creatinine had shot up to 3.7, it was rechecked at a different lab - that had done his other two tests, and came back as 2.6 - his best yet

He's now on benzapril for twice a day, and we will recheck labs again soon.
So...a bit of hope we can keep him stable for some time to come
post #105 of 157
I'm so glad the results are all coming back at good levels That is such good news, you must feel so relieved that the medication is helping. Loads of vibes that Tippy remains stable
post #106 of 157
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea View Post
I'm so glad the results are all coming back at good levels That is such good news, you must feel so relieved that the medication is helping. Loads of vibes that Tippy remains stable
We are very pleased! Thank you
post #107 of 157
Glad to hear the results are good, and there's a real prospect of keeping him stable. Keeping the vibes coming.
post #108 of 157
I'm glad to hear all the results are coming back good Continued vibes being sent.
post #109 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix View Post
I didn't post a second update yesterday because there was a question about the accuracy of one result.

Tippy's Bun is now 36, and after an initial scare of being told his Creatinine had shot up to 3.7, it was rechecked at a different lab - that had done his other two tests, and came back as 2.6 - his best yet

He's now on benzapril for twice a day, and we will recheck labs again soon.
So...a bit of hope we can keep him stable for some time to come
I am praying for Tippy. So are Shenandoah and Humble. I haven't been on a lot lately because of teaching an extra class after school.
post #110 of 157
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by batgirl2good View Post
I am praying for Tippy. So are Shenandoah and Humble. I haven't been on a lot lately because of teaching an extra class after school.
Thank you so much, and thank Shenandoah and Humble too...tippy is a wonderful fellow and he would be appreciative if he understood how many good vibes are being sent his way
post #111 of 157
I am so glad that Tippy is responding to treatment.
post #112 of 157
Still sending prayers from Mississippi for Tippy and ya'll. I am also sending some hugs for you.
post #113 of 157
I am glad that things are looking a lot better, and I do hope you can stabilise him so you have much more quality time together. Give him a kiss and a cuddle from me.
post #114 of 157
Great news that Tippy is doing so much better. And even better that you think he can remain stablized!

Way to go Tippy!
post #115 of 157
Thread Starter 
We have lab results due in on Monday, which will give us a good idea of how things are going with the benzapril. If the results are good, he gets a month off before his next apt. I know he'd appreciate that!
post #116 of 157
I bet hell be happy about a break
post #117 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix View Post
We have lab results due in on Monday, which will give us a good idea of how things are going with the benzapril. If the results are good, he gets a month off before his next apt. I know he'd appreciate that!
Here's hoping Tippy won't have to see the vet again for another month! I'll keep you two in my thoughts tomorrow.

Laurie
post #118 of 157
for good results on Monday!
post #119 of 157
A little late to the thread but yay that things are looking better for Tippy... and I'm sending some vibes to help, just in case!
post #120 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix View Post
We have lab results due in on Monday, which will give us a good idea of how things are going with the benzapril. If the results are good, he gets a month off before his next apt. I know he'd appreciate that!
Still checking in here, too. Hopefully he'll get his much-needed break!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Health
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Requesting Vibes for our Tippy