Funny Lily

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So Lily's my shy girl, but is slowly getting better. DH is away at the moment and has been away for 3 days now.

Each day Lily has come more and more out of her shell! She's actually letting me pat her while I'm downstairs, when I first get home, she stays where she is so I can give her a rub, and she sits there purrrring for it!

She's still looking a bit freaked out when I walk by her, but she just kinda cowers a bit rather than freaking out and running away.

Tonight she was smooching all around my legs and purring her little heart out and mewing at me. She's such a sweetheart when she's happy like this!!

It's such a breakthrough for her, and it makes me wonder if when she was little she was scared by a man and she's such a bit scared of DH because she remembers a horrible man and a deep voice from when she was a baby??

The change in her in the last couple of days is amazing and so lovely to see!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Yay for Lily! She's making those very important leaps of faith, and maybe she just needs for there to be just one person there for her to do that.
One person and her best friend Smudge that is
She's especially good when she has Smudge nearby
The two of them curl up in the new cat tree and snuggle up so closely, and Lily just licks and licks Smudge while Smudge sits there with her eyes half closed purring her little heart out

I wonder what my hubby would say if I told him to stay away for a bit longer...

lilysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Funny - my Lily's shy, too!

I'm glad she's making strides. It takes my girl a while to warm up to people, too, although she's gotten a lot bolder since we had our son.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad too hear that Lily is coming out of her shell before you know it you won't be able to sit for having three cats in your lap and you will wonder how you are going to make it to the kitchen or elsewhere for not wanting to disturb them.