Does your cat have a Christmas stocking?

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you get your cat a Christmas stocking?

When I was growing up my family's dog had a Christmas stocking, heck even the fish had one! (a tiny one with a F sewn on it). So when we got Reeses I thought that I should get her one of her own for this Christmas (see picture below. p.s. My stocking was made by my mother and I think I've had it since I was born. aww
).

This is also a story in typical male screw ups
I found one at a local Pharmacy that has iron on letters and decorations. As stupid as this sounds (but I'm a guy so..) I've never used an iron, so this was going to be interesting
Everything was going good so far and I take off the iron on letters and decorations and....the letters are fine but I put the wrong side of the berry leaves and candy cane down and they're not visible enough to be that noticeable, but too visible for me to try it again without the stocking looking messed up. $&(%^&
So I flip the stocking over and try again. This time everything comes out fine except the letters didn't come out as dark because they were used once already.

*sigh*...good enough.

p.s. I'm starting to realize I'm one of those guys who can't complete most things without making a mistake (I have a wall that has a picture on it because I was trying to hang a clock). I'm supposed to make a new sheppards pie recipe for a pot luck at a Christmas Party tomorrow so please, keep me in your thoughts?

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mikey has two actually.
one that is in the shape of a fish and one original red and white that I personalized with glue and glitter last year.

I fill them with canned cat food...cat nip...and a toy.
This year the boys made out a christmas list, mikey asked for a cat tree...that might not fit lol!

ps...
It looks good to me!
beats M-I-K-E-Y in glitter...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

ps...
It looks good to me!
beats M-I-K-E-Y in glitter...
Thank you
Yeah it's not bad but I'm somewhat of a perfectionist and hard on myself if I don't do something right, especially if it's not that hard to begin with

We'll probably just put treats or something in hers. She has too many toys that she doesn't play with enough as it is
We did get her a small cat condo. Just a 2' one with two hiding spots. I'm sure she'll use it, she hides and sits on anything she can.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My babies have them but I dont hang them, they tried to jump up to the fireplace mantel to pull them down.

So do you have berries and candy cane remnants on the bottom of your iron?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

My babies have them but I dont hang them, they tried to jump up to the fireplace mantel to pull them down.

So do you have berries and candy cane remnants on the bottom of your iron?
No
The instructions said to place the letters/decorations first and then put a piece of paper over them and iron on top of that.

Although I probably would have done that if it had said not too

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

No no honey! We think you are a GREAT Meowmy... Honest.
LOL..I know, I was only kidding...Eithne KNOWS I wuv Trout meister..even though that freak gets her HAMSTER a stocking

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Of course! Sierra's Nana made her stocking for her a few years ago, it's velvet and embroidered with her name and picture on it. Serenity's is a pretty velvet stocking we've had since I was little. What we need now is a "shared" stocking for both my girlies

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup! They sure do!! I have one big stocking at Colin's house with little paw prints on it for Fosters and the foster kittens , and I have one huge stocking at my house for all of my girls!
I stuff them full every year with lots of goodies for them
Each little thing for them has a name tag on it so i know what belongs with each animal

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sort of....they are stockings I've had since I was a kid. I also have stockings up for my RB kitties. Makes them part of my holiday every year ya know? I would like to get them their own personalized ones eventually.