Tonight - CBS - 5:30PM!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I had mentioned this in my other thread that my hometown will be on CBS news tonight @ 5:30, but I posted this to remind myself, and others who were interested in watching!

I cannot hardly wait to watch the segment!!

(Here's my original thread in case some people don't know what I'm talking about
)
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=108052

Oh... and we're still unsure of when he'll be on the Ellen DeGeneres show... hopefully soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Why Kenzie?
My hometown is just a little town of only 1,000 people - when our local grocery store shut down, a kid in my brothers class, who is only 17 years old, bought the place - he's been asked to come on the Ellen show hopefully within the next week or so, it'll air - and a few news stations around the area have come to interview them - so CBS news got a hold of the story and they were put in a contest and whoever got the most votes out of 3 stories, would be on a CBS nightly news segment. So, I posted about it on here abotu a week ago, and thanks to all the helpful voters - we won!

2 reporters from NYC came and interviewed my mom (who's the manager) and tonight they air the segment!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I"ll certainly have to turn on the CBS news tongiht then!

Originally Posted by babyharley

My hometown is just a little town of only 1,000 people - when our local grocery store shut down, a kid in my brothers class, who is only 17 years old, bought the place - he's been asked to come on the Ellen show hopefully within the next week or so, it'll air - and a few news stations around the area have come to interview them - so CBS news got a hold of the story and they were put in a contest and whoever got the most votes out of 3 stories, would be on a CBS nightly news segment. So, I posted about it on here abotu a week ago, and thanks to all the helpful voters - we won!

2 reporters from NYC came and interviewed my mom (who's the manager) and tonight they air the segment!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the reminder, I have set it to record. I cant wait to see it!!!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope i get to see it! I am making a mental note to be home and in front of the tv at 5:30!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys!!! I'm really excited to see it!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw the preview and I'm already mad
UGH - KIDS!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I just saw the preview and I'm already mad
UGH - KIDS!
Why are you mad?

I TiVoed it and just watched it. He did good. It showed the town good. A community sticking together. I thought it was odd when they asked for a piece of his hair to clone him though

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Why are you mad?

I TiVoed it and just watched it. He did good. It showed the town good. A community sticking together. I thought it was odd when they asked for a piece of his hair to clone him though
I guess if you know him.... I wish he would have mentioned how much the community has helped him. He bought the place, yes, but other people have put in so many hours to help.... he defiantely hasn't done this alone!!

My mom was on there, I was super excited to see her, and my Grandpa! (when they show an older man on his knees marking cans - thats my gramps!!!) My Grandpa is retired and works there everyday on his own free will because he likes to, I don't think Nick really appreciates the help, thats what makes me mad.

Oh, and if they clone him? NO THANKS!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
But they did say, (although it wasnt Nick saying it) that whole community has come together to help him and even volunteer their time. Was that your Grandpa stocking?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

But they did say, (although it wasnt Nick saying it) that whole community has come together to help him and even volunteer their time. Was that your Grandpa stocking?
Yeah -they did, everyone that I talked to was hoping HE would say something - only because he never thanks anyone for helping like they do.

YUP! Thats Gramps stocking shelves!