The best time to go shopping at wal-mart!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So tonight, I talked Colin into going shopping with me. I really needed to pick up a few things from wal-mart....but I HATE the crowds and all of the lovely things that go along with the long lines. So since I already work in one grocery store in the floral and cashier sections, i've figured out the best possible times to go shopping during the christmas season. The best time to shop at Wal-mart is between midnight-early morning if you have a 24hr wal-mart near you. This is because most people are in bed at that time, not in a shopping mood. Also, at this time of night- they're cleaning (so the store is nice and clean) and they're restocking stuff- so that way you don't have to deal with isles of empty things! The only con to shopping at night is that they don't have their rotissary chickens out and there's nobody in the deli, or places like that if you need something from there. Other than that though- midnight shopping at wal-mart is the way to go during the Christmas season
Especially in the middle of the week
We found everthing we needed tonight and were able to get in and out without any crowds or obnixous lines- oh, and the parking lot was all cleared out
It was perfect!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My neighborhood WalMart isn't 24-hr but, I have found that around 7 a.m. on Sunday is the least-crowded time.

On Wednesdays, I have learned to avoid Fry's supermarket. That is the day the weekly ads come out and the nearby senior citizens' compexes bring in busloads. All of those canes, walkers and scooters make it difficult for me to maneuver. Ordinarily, I can breeze in, pick up my groceries and be out, in about 15-20 minutes.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I was actually in and out of of Wal-Mart in 15 minutes yesterday morning at 9:30!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
around 7 a.m. on Sunday is the least-crowded time.
Sssh!!!! That's our little secret!!!!
That's when I head out for the weekly shopping. However, at this time of year, it can be crowded even then.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I was actually in and out of of Wal-Mart in 15 minutes yesterday morning at 9:30!
What did you do, stop in and use their restroom? That is no shopping trip!!!

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The Walmart by our house is 24 hours, and I will ONLY go after 11pm. Our Walmart is always so packed since it's the only one in the immediate area and I hate it, but I don't necessarily like Walmart all that much either

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

What did you do, stop in and use their restroom? That is no shopping trip!!!
No kidding! Colin and I took two hours early this morning

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

My neighborhood WalMart isn't 24-hr but, I have found that around 7 a.m. on Sunday is the least-crowded time.

On Wednesdays, I have learned to avoid Fry's supermarket. That is the day the weekly ads come out and the nearby senior citizens' compexes bring in busloads. All of those canes, walkers and scooters make it difficult for me to maneuver. Ordinarily, I can breeze in, pick up my groceries and be out, in about 15-20 minutes.
I decided to go to the grocery store at 8 am one Wed. morning. It was just me and a crowd of senior citizens. I stood out so much- to the point that they were turning around and looking at me and smiling
. It was funny (to all of us!
).