Has any one elso ever done this?

ellen13

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat Baxter, has FeLV and he needs to have some dental work done. One of the vets did some blood work and I made an appointment to have it done last Monday. I thought if their was something wrong with his blood work they would have called before I brought him in to have his dental work done. Well no one called so I took him last Monday and left him. Monday afternoon they called and the vet that was going to do the surgery did some more blood work and said his white blood count was way too high and that there was some other problem. So I went back and pick him up and they put him on Zeniquin once a day. I took him back on Saturday and the vet did some more blood work and he called and said that everything was fine and to go ahead the appointment for the dental work.

Baxter is the MOST DIFFICULT cat I have ever had to catch and give medicine to much less catch him and put him in a carrier. He will get on top of the kitchen cabinets, in the cabinets, under the couchs and chairs and he bites and scratches the hell out of me even though I wear gloves. Well this morning I went through all that and finally got him a carrier and got him to the vet for his surgery. All the way to the vet I kept thinking how relieved I was that all this will finally be over with today.

So I dropped "Baxter" off at the vets and I went to the grocery store on the way home. When I brought in the groceries, who was laying by the deck door but Baxter, sunning himself like he diddn't have a care in the world. I had grabbed his mother by mistake and took her to the vet. They both look alike and she is almost as hard to catch as he is. She bit me twice just trying to get her in the carrier.

I was so embaressed when I called the clinic and told them what I did and was lucky they hadn't started on her yet. So I made another apppointment on Monday for Baxters dental work and I still have to keep him on Zeniquin until them.

I have 6 inside cats and they are all difficult to catch and medicate but Baxter is by the far the most difficult to deal with.

Can anybody spell BURN-0UT
?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww... honey! I have had days like that. What I've found is that when you wake up tomorrow it will be really funny, and you'll have a good story to tell.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry you had such a bad day. I guess thats the bad thing about having animals that look alike. Ive done that with my rats before.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww...so sorry about your day...just take a breather and relax!

Believe me, there are days that I don't even know which cat I'm calling and ours look completely different from each other. So I'm to the point I go through the list:

"BeautyLunaPatchesWhitey"

Sometimes my doggy nephews get thrown into the gigantic name.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Awww...so sorry about your day...just take a breather and relax!

Believe me, there are days that I don't even know which cat I'm calling and ours look completely different from each other. So I'm to the point I go through the list:

"BeautyLunaPatchesWhitey"

Sometimes my doggy nephews get thrown into the gigantic name.
I do roll call here all the time too

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

I do roll call here all the time too
but not because they look alike - just 'cause i can't remember who i'm talking to!