Frustrated

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I had my doctors visit today and they said I do have gall bladder stones.
But my small intestine and part of my large intestine are very inflamed and they dont know why.
So I still have to have some more test done. When I have Lava Girl I need my gall bladder removed. I hate this! I'm still so sick and they still dont know everything that is wrong.

Now I'm also having trouble with getting my mail. I hadnt gotten any mail for over a week so today I called them and they said that the new mail man cant find my house! Come on its right by all the other houses!
Theywent into a long speal about having my mail box visible and in the open. And having my house number visible from the street. My mail box is on the fence in plain sight and my adress is written in huge black numbers on the porch.
Ok they arent huge but I have a white house and you can see them from the street. I dont know whats wrong with my mailman. I think everyone is against me.
My house is right on the corner and my yard takes up half a block! How can he not see it?

Some better news. Nazumi is trying to play with Kitten and Annie. But they are scared of him because hes so big and tries to play so rough. Hes doing so well and is even being nice to the dogs most of the time.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amber- i'm soo sorry you're having soo many problems right now
/ I had a feeling it was your gallbladder- you had the same exact symptoms that my niece did during her pregnancy (she wound up having hers out after Kaitlynn was born and felt a lot better soon after
) I hope your week gets better sweetie! Hang in there (oh, and file a polite complaint with your post office...that is unacceptable. - they might be a bit busy with the upcomming holiday season, but that's no excuse not to deliver your mail
) Good luck sweetie. I'm glad that fluffy boy of yours is doing better!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd be mad too!
Sorry you have to have your gall bladder removed
But it will be alot easier to have it done right after having Lava girl. You can heal along with healing from the birth instead of having her, healing for 6 weeks then having the surgery and another 6 weeks of healing.... Sending LOTS of vibes your way sweetie!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you planning on having a c-section or a normal delivery? It was just something to think about- but if you have a c-section, maybe they can remove your gall bladder right after so that you don't have to have two surgeries?

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im always outta the loop...
why is the baby called Lava girl?

ps..sorry to hear about your gallbladder, what a pain in the rear end!
I wish you a speedy recovery!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Are you planning on having a c-section or a normal delivery? It was just something to think about- but if you have a c-section, maybe they can remove your gall bladder right after so that you don't have to have two surgeries?
Well they are now talking about doing a Csection because of removing the gall bladder. But I did some research and it says that the inscision for the gall bladder is like 2-4 tiny ones. And I dont think they would need to open me all the way up? But they said I might have to have one anyway. Lava Girl is gonna be big according to them and Im not.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry you are going through all of this

I can appreciate what you are going through because I have been unwell for 2 1/2 years and have been told I'm a "medical mystery". However, I finally managed to get into see a doctor at a pain clinic and they do way more blood work than a family doctor will usually do because they are searching for the source of the pain, and blood tests can tell so much about what is going on with the body.

The first thing this doctor did was order almost every blood test known to man! Including a complete enzyme and vitamin work up. It turns out that my body's supply of Vitamin D is almost depleted. Normal is above 75 and I am at 29. Vitamin D deficiency causes all kinds of problems, including depression, easy fracturing and bone pain of all kinds...both of which are major primary problems for me. So now I have to have high doses of Vitamin D twice a week for 3 months and then a follow up blood test for it. She's hopeful that my bone pain issue will be resolved when my Vitamin D levels increase, and that I may be able to be weaned off of antidepressants, something my family doctor told me that I'll need for the rest of my life when he put me on them 3 years ago. The pain doctor told me that my level of Vitamin D was years in the making and not something that just recently happened so she's hopeful that my depression is also partially related to the low levels. I'm hoping so, but I'll also be very distressed to find out that I've been sitting off work sick because of a Vitamin deficiency that could have been discovered years ago if only my own doctor had thought to do a simple blood test for it.

So this is a long shot! But if you haven't been tested for vitamin levels, get them to do it, because it's amazing what a shortage of one little Vitamin can do to the body.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

Im always outta the loop...
why is the baby called Lava girl?

ps..sorry to hear about your gallbladder, what a pain in the rear end!
I wish you a speedy recovery!
LOL Well John and I were at Block buster and I was stressing over a name for the baby. I couldnt choose between 2 and I kept calling her Slug. Which he said wasnt to nice. Sooo we walked past the kids section and he saw The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl. And said hey we can call her Lava Girl and it just stuck.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

Well they are now talking about doing a Csection because of removing the gall bladder. But I did some research and it says that the inscision for the gall bladder is like 2-4 tiny ones. And I dont think they would need to open me all the way up? But they said I might have to have one anyway. Lava Girl is gonna be big according to them and Im not.
When my niece had her gall bladder taken out- there were 4 tinly little incisions. (she had a vaginal delivery with kaitlynn before we knew it was her gall bladder- and wound up in the hospital not too long after going home because of serious gall bladder problems. They said that they would have done a c-section and taken it out when kaitlynn was born if they knew what it was.) She had 4 tiny little incision spots- one in her belly button, and 3 others around it (it was covered by little white bandages and tape for a few days until it healed. The incisions were very small though and she felt a lot better after the gall bladder was gone.)

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LOL Well John and I were at Block buster and I was stressing over a name for the baby. I couldnt choose between 2 and I kept calling her Slug. Which he said wasnt to nice. Sooo we walked past the kids section and he saw The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl. And said hey we can call her Lava Girl and it just stuck.
ahh i see.
Reminds me of dan and I.
we dont have children yet but i often call our future kids by the names we've decided to give them.
He too even calls our furture children the names we've picked out.
But...
My vote would be for Slug!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Sorry you are going through all of this

I can appreciate what you are going through because I have been unwell for 2 1/2 years and have been told I'm a "medical mystery". However, I finally managed to get into see a doctor at a pain clinic and they do way more blood work than a family doctor will usually do because they are searching for the source of the pain, and blood tests can tell so much about what is going on with the body.
So this is a long shot! But if you haven't been tested for vitamin levels, get them to do it, because it's amazing what a shortage of one little Vitamin can do to the body.
I know they did blood test but I dont remember them saying anything about vitamins or anything. I was a little pout of it the whole time I was at the doctors. I sure wish I could eat! Its such a bummer. Im on a horrible diet! The only solid thing Im allowed to eat is rice. Which I hate from having to eat it all the time as a kid. I think my not going my diet during my first 2 years away from home is catching up on me.
I will talk to my doctor about the vitamins. Can they add another test after they already sent blood out to the lab?
She took blood today. She said I'm anemic also so Im on Iron pills.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

ahh i see.
Reminds me of dan and I.
we dont have children yet but i often call our future kids by the names we've decided to give them.
He too even calls our furture children the names we've picked out.
But...
My vote would be for Slug!
Ive dotten used to Lava Girl now its been several months. The real names we are thinking about are Alaina Rose, Brayleigh Karson (which I dont really like but John does) and Kaelyn Jayde.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ive dotten used to Lava Girl now its been several months. The real names we are thinking about are Alaina Rose, Brayleigh Karson (which I dont really like but John does) and Kaelyn Jayde.
kaelyn Jayde!
Dan and I decided to name our son (if we are blessed with one)
Canaan James which is similar!

(I got first dibbs so no one steal it
)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe, i vote for kaelyn jayde again too
that name is gorgeous!! I also think alaina is cute too
I'm sure whatever you decide will be just perfect for her

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really love Alaina and Kaelyn. But niether one sounds good together. So I will wait and see which one she looks like when shes here.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Can they add another test after they already sent blood out to the lab?
She took blood today. She said I'm anemic also so Im on Iron pills.
It depends on what tests you had blood drawn for and the colour of the tubes used to put the blood in. Different blood tests require different tubes because of the preservative or lack of preservative in each one. So if they drew blood and put it into a tube that they also place the specimen for a vitamin blood test, then yes, they can add the test in after the fact. If not, then you'll have to have more blood drawn so that they can use the proper tube.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

It depends on what tests you had blood drawn for and the colour of the tubes used to put the blood in. Different blood tests require different tubes because of the preservative or lack of preservative in each one. So if they drew blood and put it into a tube that they also place the specimen for a vitamin blood test, then yes, they can add the test in after the fact. If not, then you'll have to have more blood drawn so that they can use the proper tube.
Hmm I'll have to call her in the morning. She will probably make me get another one. I hate it! Aww man I just remembered I have a appoinment with my OBGYN tomorow. John has his apointment tomorow too. GREAT! I'm sick and tired of doctors!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I like "Alaina Rose". Out of the 3 it sounds "normal" to me. I have this thing about names and wacky spellings of them in order to try and be "unique" or different. I think it's important to keep in mind that the child will carry the name with them for the rest of their life and that a name is the most important thing you give a child, next to it's life because of that.

There was a thread not long about odd baby names.

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=101609

Sometimes while meaning well, our attempts to instill uniqueness on our child does more harm than good.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, I totally missed everything here. Well, first of all, I'm glad your doctor figured out the gall bladder thing. My sister was sick when she was pregnant, and her doctor was like, "well, you're pregnant, you're supposed to be sick." DUH! But she ended up actually having her gall bladder out DURING her pregnancy. It was pretty inflamed. But then she went on to a normal delivery.

Now - I've had both a cesarean and a vaginal birth and while the vaginal is not the most fun while it's happening - you feel LOTS better afterward. I mean like SKIPPING down the hall!! So hopefully you'll get a choice on that. And also just so you know, I had a vaginal AFTER the cesarean so that IS possible too.

Anyway, just had some experience to share - hugs to you, John, and Lava Girl!