Ocicat pictures uploaded/fixed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So Kai, when are you ordering an oci
????

Also he's a pet - his spotting blends together a bit and ear set is a little too high. Compare him to his 1/2 brother Stradavarious on the breeders website:

http://www.apophis.com/ocicats/gallery.htm

Strad (Woody) is a Grand Ch. - Best Kitten in CFA nationally last year and Best Cat/Kitten in the region last year.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In 2 weeks - right after Christmas

Kai, DH says when we go there, my job is to count all the spots in the breeders house! like...........sureeeeeeeeeeeee

But you don't have any "chocolate" spots in your house do you?

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are sooooo lucky! And to get a baby from Dotdotdot! One of my dreams is to get a show neuter from them!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Contact her and see - don't know if she ships overseas tho. But at least you could get on the waiting list. I'm pretty sure she's got another litter upcoming for later spring

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, not yet - I've got my hands full with the Abys and my mom's soon to be coming Korats!!! Maybe in a couple of years, once I've granded a few of my own breeding!

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

He's SOOOO cute!!! He looks playful too. Congratulations GK! Thats such a wonderful Christmas present!!!

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is such a lovely boy, and the name Charlie really suits him
Can't wait for more pics when you have him home! I'm going to pick out my Bali variant today and put down a deposit, have to remember think with my head not my heart.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you picking a show or pet bali? If the show, its easy to go with head rather then heart
But for pet.....its all heart - you let them pick you....unless you have a certain color in mind.

DH only wanted chocolate. I would have been fine with chocolate or chocolate silver
. I have a good suspicion that up the road we'll have a chocolate silver boy to go with Charlie....even have the silver's name picked out (its a secret)

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am picking a Balinese variant on the active list, i have applied for a prefix with the GCCF (it takes about four months in total!). The variants are not showable with the GCCF but I will be showing her with TICA as a siamese.

http://www.thebalineseandsiamesecatclub.co.uk/

She is a chocolate tortie tabby point and she is a beauty! I put down my deposit today

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is the main difference between the Balinese cats and Siamese? From what I could see, they're a bit less extreme, and seemed to have a bit longer hair than the typical modern Siamese.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GK, he is beautiful!
DH and I (well mostly me, I just wouldn't give up the remote) watched a cat show, and this beuatiful ocicat came up from now where and won the show, he was magnificant. He was ready to trade in our raggies for them
He said, I love our cats, but why can't we have some like those! He loves my cats, he didn't want a cat, claims he doesn't like them
I had to fight to get my first one, now we have 5 and we want to get another queen and will keep a kitten from my queens next litter (if it works out ) and I have a kitten from the last litter that will be a breeding queen, when she has her litter, I get first pick, so that will be 8 cats atleast in a home where they aren't liked

I would like to have one, as a pet, but I think the next cat I get (not a breeding raggie, just as a pet) will be C. Rex, I have always wanted one! Then mabey an Ocicat

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Basically the only difference is the length in fur, there coat is longer and they have plume like tails. They are the same colors as the siamese and are blue-eyed. They are pretty much the same. There meows are softer than the Siamese. The variants are short haired Balis and look siamese but carry the long haired gene, they are really good to have in breeding programs because they have very type-y kittens.

Sorry Golden Kitty for hijacking your thread! Anyone interested can pm me

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My understanding is the difference between the 2 breeds is the length of their coat, and they are said to be a little less vocal. I've never had a Balinese, but there personalities are said to be like a Siamese. I've also read that it was a spontaneous mutation from the Siamese breed (the long hair). Then breeders began to intentionally get this look.

They're different from a lot of other long hairs, in that they have a single coat. So their fur lays close to there body verses having the puffy look. And grooming is easier then other longhairs because they don't have the double coat that tends to mate.

I've noticed as well that their look is less extreme. I think they are beautiful. I especially love their gorgeous tales.

Very handsome boy GK!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Celest,

Your husband would love either C. Rex or Oci's - they both are very people oriented and very active. I think you should adopt a pet ocicat for your husband's birthday