Still need help with kitten with diarrhea (guessing 6-8 months.)

k_jaz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kitten has been on ID catfood diet at least 2 wks. tried boiled chicken and rice earlier but didn't really help. ID diet helped very little. having more trouble. Any further advice wouild be welcome. Has been to vet several times checked for worms and parasites and came back all clear.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try a teaspoonful of full fat yoghurt once or twice a day. When I got Tuah, he was in the same situation as your kitten. What I did was gradually switch foods to another brand (ID didn't help either) of kibbles, a teaspoonful of yoghurt 2x daily and it worked like a charm! Will take some time tho - maybe 1wk to 10 days for the runs to completely clear up!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yoghurt is a good idea. Also you could try mixing some canned pumpkin (not the pie filling stuff) with his food.

Also when changing food it's usually best to do it gradually, i.e., adding a bit of the new to the regular food and daily increasing the amount of new.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All of the above is great .. BUT I would take kitty back to the vet and maybe try a different intestianl diet ...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

All of the above is great .. BUT I would take kitty back to the vet and maybe try a different intestianl diet ...
if the yogurt or pumpkin don't work, you might try bene-bac. it really helped Java.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apple pectin worked with Pete. It's the kind that is used to make jellies. Just take a little bit of powder, mix with a few drops of water, just enought so that you can suck it up into a syringe and then syringe into his mouth. I only had to tdo Pete two times a day for about two days.