TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Hiccups!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hiccups!

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
I've had them for about 20 mins now and it's getting irritating!
I've held my breath, drank water, and even made myself burp and NOTHING works!

I guess this is what I get for making fun of Reggie when he had them earlier
post #2 of 19
Get Reggie to SCARE you
post #3 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
Get Reggie to SCARE you
Oh he couldn't scare me if he wanted to It's a rare thing when I get scared... The only person who can sneak up on me is my dad... he walks as quiet as a cat That's where I learned to scare people
post #4 of 19
Get a cup of something to drink. Anything. Water, soda, beer, juice, anything really. Using your index fingers, close off your ears. Have someone let you take a few sips while holding your ears closed. After you swallow, release your ears.

Done right, this works every time.
post #5 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
Get a cup of something to drink. Anything. Water, soda, beer, juice, anything really. Using your index fingers, close off your ears. Have someone let you take a few sips while holding your ears closed. After you swallow, release your ears.

Done right, this works every time.
Never tried that!
post #6 of 19
I always just take a nap! Or relax for a few minutes of not doing anything!
post #7 of 19
or pinch your earlobe.
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256 View Post
Never tried that!
It's about science. Hiccups = inner ear imbalance. Swallowing with your ear canal blocked off changes the pressure inside the ear. No more hiccups!
post #9 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
It's about science. Hiccups = inner ear imbalance. Swallowing with your ear canal blocked off changes the pressure inside the ear. No more hiccups!
Hey! IT WORKED!
post #10 of 19
I'll have to remember that about the ear next time I get them!!!
post #11 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittermom View Post
I'll have to remember that about the ear next time I get them!!!
Oh it definatly works! But now I have a headache from the hiccups
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256 View Post
Oh it definatly works! But now I have a headache from the hiccups
I am keeping one. I think I need to be put on blood pressure meds in all honesty.
post #13 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittermom View Post
I am keeping one. I think I need to be put on blood pressure meds in all honesty.
I think if I put my kids up for adoption mine would go away!
post #14 of 19
LOL!!!
I'm having a hard time with a few things right now.And it's making them worse.
My kids and Shawn are what is keeping me "grounded" right now.(not the trouble kind of grounded either)
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
It's about science. Hiccups = inner ear imbalance. Swallowing with your ear canal blocked off changes the pressure inside the ear. No more hiccups!
I remember this thread, and frantically looked it up as I had them this morning! Yeah, it really works beautifully.

I am the only person here right now, but I have a pair of those little things for keeping water out of your ears while you swim, and used them.
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satai View Post
I remember this thread, and frantically looked it up as I had them this morning! Yeah, it really works beautifully.

I am the only person here right now, but I have a pair of those little things for keeping water out of your ears while you swim, and used them.
Isn't it the greatest trick? It's probably the only useful I learned in 9th grade Science class!

You can also use a paper or foam cup that you can hold between your teeth while you use your fingers to close your ears.

What is really strange is that you can use ANY LIQUID. Even BEER!
post #17 of 19
You can also take a glass of water, put a paper towel over the glass and drink the water with the paper towel over it. This is what we do and it works every time.
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
Isn't it the greatest trick? It's probably the only useful I learned in 9th grade Science class!

You can also use a paper or foam cup that you can hold between your teeth while you use your fingers to close your ears.

What is really strange is that you can use ANY LIQUID. Even BEER!

What about "girlie beer"
post #19 of 19
I thought hiccoughs were caused by your diaphragm basically having a cramp Anyway, the trick that always works for me on other people, rather than scaring them, is confusing them. If you look at someone who has the hiccoughs, and say something really strange but simple like "Did you eat my egg?" in a totally serious, almost-angry sort of way, it works every single time unless they've heard it before. People are so confused by that they forget they even had the hiccoughs!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Hiccups!