plastic

priscilla

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there any way to stop a cat from chewing on plastic bags? I have tried all the sprays. He manages to even open the closet door to find them and then of course throws them up a few minutes later.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep them somewhere he can't get to, because one day he may not throw up the pieces, they could cause a blockage in his intestines instead and kill him. Child locks on cupboard doors are a good idea

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Keep them somewhere he can't get to, because one day he may not throw up the pieces, they could cause a blockage in his intestines instead and kill him. Child locks on cupboard doors are a good idea
I agree, put them up in a cupboard or a closet where he can't get to them, its very dangerous for him to be getting into them all the time!

Good luck!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a plastic wanna be eater. I have to totally keep anything plastic from bags, to milk jug rings, anything wrapped in cellophane, completely out of his reach at all times. Im not sure why some cats like to eat such things, but you have to completely keep them away from it, otherwise as Epona said, it could cause a fatal blockage.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I fold all my plastic bags and store them in empty tissue boxes. A tissue box will hold a lot of plastic bags. I keep the box beside the litter and our 2 kitties never bother them. They will, however, go nuts for a plastic bag if it is left on the table. I guess when the bags are folded and tucked away they don't recognize them.

Yes, the best advice is put them somewhere the kitty can't get at them because they can and have been know to be unsafe.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of my cats love plastic bags but luckily they only lick them and don't chew them.

Plastic bags contain oil and they love the smell and taste.