*fuming* Am I even still employed??

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Permission to vent agan. I appologize but this is a bit confusing

I was out of work for about 2 1/2 weeks in November due to an overuse/repetitive strain injury. My work has a policy that you get paid for the first 5 days that you're absent from work and after that it goes over to MetLife disability and you get paid for any time past the first 5 days once you're approved.

Well my job messed up and didn't pay me for the first 5 days when they were supposed to. Finally just last week I got paid for only 2 of the 5 days, which was about 3 weeks late. Great, but not what I want. My job has two days when you get paid, Thursday which is a regular pay day, and Tuesday which they send back pay (like I am waiting for). I got squat on both days this week.

What makes it worse is, I got approved for the rest of the time on November 30th and payroll received the request to release my pay on December 1, but it takes 10 days before you actually get your money. Well today is the 10th day, and my pay day and I got absolutely nothing.

Calling payroll is aboslutely useless because all it is is a voicemail system, you leave a message and they'll call you back when they feel like it. My manager and the office clerk haven't had much luck. Yeah, they got me a whole 2 days worth of pay back after 3 weeks, but that's nothing compared to the rest that they owe me.

It's even harder now not only because it's christmas, and Reeses has alot of vet bills we have to pay, but I'm out again because of the injury. I returned to work on the 27th but it's acting up again. I'm seriously scared that they'll screw up again and I won't get any pay next week.

I'm starting to feel like I'm not even employed at the company anymore seeing as payroll doesn't seem to be recognizing that they owe me money. If they overpaid me and *I* owed them something, then oh you bet it would be taken the first chance they got.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you call the state employment board and see if they can get something done? I've been known to threaten that and once I did the money some how just showed up in my bank account.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Lookingglass. There is a legal time limit that companies have to pay you - I think it is within 10 days. So you could notify the state. I would suggest working thru your manager, but it sounds like they aren't having much luck, either. Do you have the ability to email Human Resources to see if they can help you out. Or ask your manager to go to their boss for help. Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

I agree with Lookingglass. There is a legal time limit that companies have to pay you - I think it is within 10 days. So you could notify the state. I would suggest working thru your manager, but it sounds like they aren't having much luck, either. Do you have the ability to email Human Resources to see if they can help you out. Or ask your manager to go to their boss for help. Good luck!
My office manager knows about it and if it goes any longer I think he may have to start threatening himself. I was told today that the pay after the first 5 days takes about 2 weeks to clear, so hopefully I'm going to get it next week. If there is nothing by then, then I am going to start threatening.

It's just harder when you can't stand your job anyway, this just makes it worse.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

My office manager knows about it and if it goes any longer I think he may have to start threatening himself. I was told today that the pay after the first 5 days takes about 2 weeks to clear, so hopefully I'm going to get it next week. If there is nothing by then, then I am going to start threatening.

It's just harder when you can't stand your job anyway, this just makes it worse.
At this point I wouldn't threaten anything I'd just go to the state. It's not worth the wait. It's YOUR money and should have been in there days ago.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

At this point I wouldn't threaten anything I'd just go to the state. It's not worth the wait. It's YOUR money and should have been in there days ago.
I will do that if I don't see anything next week. I respect if there are certain rules in regards to how many days you have to wait before the money is released. Yes it's B.S., but it's a policy. If come next Tuesday if I have nothing, they will be past that 2 week period and I will go to the state. I just don't want to cause problems at my job though because if my manager is telling me she's doing all she can, and I involve the state, I'm not sure what issues that would bring up. We're union too, so I don't know how that works. Some unions have problems if you go past them and go directly to the state.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I will do that if I don't see anything next week. I respect if there are certain rules in regards to how many days you have to wait before the money is released. Yes it's B.S., but it's a policy. If come next Tuesday if I have nothing, they will be past that 2 week period and I will go to the state. I just don't want to cause problems at my job though because if my manager is telling me she's doing all she can, and I involve the state, I'm not sure what issues that would bring up. We're union too, so I don't know how that works. Some unions have problems if you go past them and go directly to the state.
Oh, then go to your union rep and say something! That will get tons done!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have, and was just told "It takes X days" so I have to wait until X days have passed I suppose before I talk to her again *lol*

Does having a cat qualify for being a stay at home dad? *lol*

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have, and was just told "It takes X days" so I have to wait until X days have passed I suppose before I talk to her again *lol*

Does having a cat qualify for being a stay at home dad? *lol*
No, but if you worked at my old job I had to keep pictures of my nieces and nephews on my desk so people would think I had kids so I could get time off!