Awesome sight at Animal Control

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I had to get Nazumi liscensed with the city or have to pay $97 instead of $7 for a late fee. Anyways so I always dread goig there because they always ask me to take some little foster or another. Obviously right now I couldnt. Anyways so I walk in see the lobby full of people. Which is really strange. Anyways so only 2 of the ladies who were there were helping people.
So the line was taking forever. Every single of of those people except 3 of us were adopting either a dog or a cat. While I was there 15 dogs and 5 cats were adopted.
This is a very high kill shelter so it was a relief. I asked them what in the world was going on and they were like we have no idea. Theyve never had that many adoption in one day let alone in an hour. She said they had been busy like that all day. They tried to get me to take a litter of 8 day old pups but I had to tell them no. Those poor pups are going to be put down because of peoples stupidity. They have until tomorow to find them a foster home. Ive called around and I hope I found someone to take them. Anyways I also got to meet a very big Great Dane that came in as a stray. He was just so pretty big and black.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope they're not there getting "presents" for their 4 year old who wants a little kitty for christmas...

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How wonderful for those fortunate animals who are going into good homes
My prayers go out to those who still need to get to belong to a family. I'm always perplexed as to why dogs get adopted out more quickly than cats, though, because cats are lower maintenance and you can have more in a smaller area

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I hope they're not there getting "presents" for their 4 year old who wants a little kitty for christmas...
Thats what I was thinking also but I also was thinking that at least they have a chance at getting out and staying out. Most of the people I heard talking already had dogs and one lady had just lost her 15 year old.

Originally Posted by catsknowme

How wonderful for those fortunate animals who are going into good homes
My prayers go out to those who still need to get to belong to a family. I'm always perplexed as to why dogs get adopted out more quickly than cats, though, because cats are lower maintenance and you can have more in a smaller area
I think people just like dogs more in general. They are much friendlier and I think people like that more.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it's wonderful that do many pets lives got saved!

I think dogs are adopted faster because they have a better reputation. Cats are "aloof" & you have to clean up their poo in the house. (yeah, right!)

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I adopted my dog from King County Animal Control in Seattle at Christmas time.
They run a program (usually a 1 year extension of the pet license) as an incentive to get pets out of the shelter.
Their goal is always to get everyone a forever home in time for Christmas.
And they usually only put out those adoptable animals at the highest risk for being PTS which is nice.