Girls! Those are NOT kitty toys!!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So tonight Isabella and Jasmine decided to have a little fun. They officially took ALL of the ornaments off the bottom of the Christmas tree (don't worry, i later wired them on and now the brats can't get them off ......muhhhahahahaha!!!
) They were running back and forth down the hallway chasing and batting around one of the ball ornaments between each other (it's like they're playing soccer-it's hilarious to watch
) Jasmine then proceded to pick up the ornament ball in her mouth like she does with her little sparkly pom balls....then she walked into the kitchen, put it in her kitty water dish and proceded to scream at the top of her lungs at it (ahh...the joys of siamese
) lol...it was funny. I don't know how on earth they didn't break that one, but somehow it managed to escape the grasps of death
Isabella is definitely enjoying the tree this year though- she's into everything! She unwrapped two presents already that had bow on it....so we are just going to wait till Christmas eve to put them under the tree to keep her out of them
....Ahh..lets just say i got a bit of entertainment when I stopped by my house before work today
They think all of the Christmas tree ornaments are kitty toys apparently. Oh yes, and Jasmine does not approve of the Christmas tree skirt- she barfed all over it
so that is in the washing machine now
Geesh! Those girls are rotten! Thankfully though, Velvet and Abilene are being total angels for now
...key words being "for now"

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
silly girls!!
Miagi has been knocking them off this year.. I am not going to accuse Tiger of being innocent, though because he has been snooping around it. Just wait until I get presents under the tree.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awe thats cute but still bad hahaha, I should now we bought plastic glitter ones this year mind u this is the first year that we have a tree higher than 4 foot because of the dogs and well they already chewed some of the balls lol and well we can tell who did it from the glitter lol, but midnight was in my brothers room and he took our small tree and put it in his room (the basemant) we are watching helter skelter I only read the book never seen the movie so we are watching it and then here comes midnight and lays on the table on his back and is kicking the balls of the tree (his are glass I think or whatever they are) and so my brother went and got the spray bottle and midnight ran out 10 mins later more than ever determined he comes back and is ready to go at it again he tries to just run right past us to the tree it was too cute tho!! I havent seen the cats mess with the tree in the living room though besides sleeping under it, I took bella to see it and she sniffed it and climbed it a little bit but its no big thing to her lol and stormie wont go downstairs lol !!! Cats are amusing tho with the trees hahaha !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

silly girls!!
Miagi has been knocking them off this year.. I am not going to accuse Tiger of being innocent, though because he has been snooping around it. Just wait until I get presents under the tree.
lol....give them some time...they'll do it when you least expect it

Originally Posted by 4crazycats

Aww they were just having a little fun. You cant blame them for that.
Yes i can!
They're being bratty little princesses

Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

awe thats cute but still bad hahaha, I should now we bought plastic glitter ones this year mind u this is the first year that we have a tree higher than 4 foot because of the dogs and well they already chewed some of the balls lol and well we can tell who did it from the glitter lol, but midnight was in my brothers room and he took our small tree and put it in his room (the basemant) we are watching helter skelter I only read the book never seen the movie so we are watching it and then here comes midnight and lays on the table on his back and is kicking the balls of the tree (his are glass I think or whatever they are) and so my brother went and got the spray bottle and midnight ran out 10 mins later more than ever determined he comes back and is ready to go at it again he tries to just run right past us to the tree it was too cute tho!! I havent seen the cats mess with the tree in the living room though besides sleeping under it, I took bella to see it and she sniffed it and climbed it a little bit but its no big thing to her lol and stormie wont go downstairs lol !!! Cats are amusing tho with the trees hahaha !
lol your dog sounds like a goof ball
/ My wolf mix ginger usually completly knocks our Christmas tree over several times a year (we just have come to expect it
) She gets excited and runs back and forth through our little duplex..and when she starts running, she knocks everything in her path over...including the tree
but she doesn't mean to. I'm shocked she hasn't knocked it over this year...i'm just waiting for her to do that sometime soon

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't put up a tree. Not only is it too much work to put up and take down, but I'm terrified that my cats would break the ornaments.

All of my ornaments are German blown glass: birds, balls, icicles etc. German blown glass ornaments are expensive, and some of the ones that I have are from when I was a kid and my mother had those before she even had kids. I think I'd have a heart attack if I came home to a tipped over tree and a bunch of shattered ornaments!
Chynna I am not too concerned about. She's a pretty well behaved kitty and didn't bother my tree much when I put it up years ago. But Abby can be mischievous and hasn't ever seen a Christmas tree. I think she has the potential to do some serious damange

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I didn't put up a tree. Not only is it too much work to put up and take down, but I'm terrified that my cats would break the ornaments.

All of my ornaments are German blown glass: birds, balls, icicles etc. German blown glass ornaments are expensive, and some of the ones that I have are from when I was a kid and my mother had those before she even had kids. I think I'd have a heart attack if I came home to a tipped over tree and a bunch of shattered ornaments!
Chynna I am not too concerned about. She's a pretty well behaved kitty and didn't bother my tree much when I put it up years ago. But Abby can be mischievous and hasn't ever seen a Christmas tree. I think she has the potential to do some serious damange
I would be depressed without a Christmas tree
I love to celebrate Christmas...so the tree is really a nice aspect of it to me
My family is split right down the middle - Jewish on my dads side and Christian on my mom's side...so i usually celebrate both holidays. Christmas to me is just really special though because of the awesome religious signifigance...and since it celebrate Hanukkah as well- it's nice to see how related both religions are and how Christianity stems from Judiasm- i love both holidays
/ So without a doubt, I celebrate Christmas and always put up a tree
/ Your ornaments sound absolutely stunning!!! I used to nanny for a lady who traveled all over (she lived in Germany for a while in previous years- so she had a ton of very delicate ornaments.) They were lovely!! So i would definitely understand not wanting them destroyed. At Colin's house, i anchored and affixed all of the ornamets to the tree. I normally do at my house- i just honetly forgot to this year- so that's why the girls were able to get them off. So earlier, i wired them all to the tree so they can't get them off.
problem solved

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Muhahhahahaahaha!!!!
Isabella tried (key word tried
) to play with the ornaments again....only this time, they were wired onto the branches really well...so she gave me the most frustrated kitty face ever and just meowed at me
haha, that'll learn that little princess

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL I haven't even tried to put up a Christmas tree with Tavia and Lilly around. Tavia is well behaved but she has her moments and Lilly is my little nut job.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, be nice to my God Babies! LOL!!!!
Your God babies are having a blast tearing open the kids gifts too!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Hey, be nice to my God Babies! LOL!!!!
Your God babies are having a blast tearing open the kids gifts too!
Oh i'll be nice to them alright!
Your God babies are being rotten this week
/ hehe, sounds like my God babies just wanna little sneak peak at their presents