tree- so far so good

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
ok the tree is up and the lights are on it. abi smells it alot but has't batted anything or jumped at it. I did see some fir needles on her back however.

maybe tomorrow i will decorate it.

I also put up a chanukah bush of rosemary with a big blue magen david on top.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abigail

ok the tree is up and the lights are on it. abi smells it alot but has't batted anything or jumped at it. I did see some fir needles on her back however.

maybe tomorrow i will decorate it.

I also put up a chanukah bush of rosemary with a big blue magen david on top.
The icycles will do you in. If not, you will be finding them all over the house until Easter anyway. Well, best of luck to you, send a completed photo (with not hidden wires).

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abigail

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I look her in the bedroom with me. Don't jinx this !!!!
I guess you didnt see my earlier post did you Diana, Let me see if I can hunt it up

This was 2004 before I got 6 more cats lol

And last year this is what I went through lol 2005

Last year I bought a Moose in a rocking chair singing Grandma got run over by a raindeer, the cats at least 7 of them gathered around for the show backed up a tad sat down and ask for a bowel of popcorn Watched as he rocked and sang and when he was done they got up started removeing stuff from the tree and giving them to Mr Moose for the entertainment he provided
Then I went and got 5 hellium balloons and stuck them in the tree and turned the fan on them, the Kits watched and ran as they waved back and forth, it did keep them out for a MINUTE.

This is how I feel in 2006
I don't think I am putting mine up this year I don't wanna scream all day long, get out, get away, no no no .

Good Luck with that Diana
I know it's not bad with one or two but 8 forgetaboutit. I don't want to punish my Cats but yelling at them when they don't really know any better, they think it's for them

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I actually put some cat-safe ornaments around the bottom of my tree to (hopefully) keep her leaping for the others.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
Lois, I wouldn't do the tree thing with eight cats either. I would have had two if they were a sibling pair but she didn't have any siblings at the shelter where I got her.

so far she just investigates the scent of it and likes to hode under the bows. she HAS pounced on the skirt wrinkles but when nothing moves, she got bored and left.

it's tied to the wall in three spots so it would take something serious to bring it completely over and while my cat is athletic she isn't a major risk taker. so when the needles tough her face she winces and moves back.

it could be a whole new scene once the decortions are on it though.

let's just hope I am not speaking too soon. I plan to wrap her presents in white paper so she can open them herself which out to be fun fun fun.

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good luck, maybe it wont be absolutely ruined.

The first day I had my tree up my son took down all he ornaments within reach.

Then for about a week after Ceci would take down the plastic balls and bat them all around the house.

They havent done it since.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh if I only had 2 or 3 I would have put it up because I will miss the fun of doing it and the Beauty of the work lol, But I think it's fruitless for me. My Family all just went
Your not putting the tree up or the decorations in the house. I said these are my itty bitty kids now, and I don't choose to mean to them
The mean Momma has left from years ago