Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As some of you know my bf and i got our first xmas tree and for a min prince and princess were scared of it
now they wont leave it alone!!!!!
I tried squirting them with the spray bottle, they hate the vacuum so i put that near it, and they wont leave it alone
half of my tree is missing because they keep playing with it and prince oh my he climbs in. every morning when i wake up, i have to redecorate my tree. last night i was tired of them playing with it so i put em in the bathroom, but its so cold in there and i dont want them to get sick. and i dont want to keep them locked up everytime i go somewhere or when we go to sleep. does any one know what i can do?

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried Bitter apple spray? You might also want to stratigically place some bells in the tree, so when your furkids do some climbing they will make a lot of noise and it will scare them out of the tree.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

Have you tried Bitter apple spray? You might also want to stratigically place some bells in the tree, so when your furkids do some climbing they will make a lot of noise and it will scare them out of the tree.
no never even heard of bitter apple spray.......
they like the balls that make noise i have some ornaments like that, lol. they take the ornaments outta the tree and play with them!!!! nothing scares them besides the vacuum and spray bottle. but they arent scared when im not around bc they know that the vacuum wont turn on and the spray bottle wont squirt by its self, they are to smart for their own good, lol. but what is this bitter apple spray?

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO there is no safe tree lol, I tried everything last year, I finally said phooey forgetit... No tree this year I don't think it's fair to punish them when they think it's for them lol.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

IMO there is no safe tree lol, I tried everything last year, I finally said phooey forgetit... No tree this year I don't think it's fair to punish them when they think it's for them lol.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But meowmy, you put the tree up for us......didn't you????? How come we can't play in it?????

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hang citrus-scented car air fresheners on the bottom branches. Cats don't like the smell of citrus.

Misting the tree with vinegar seems to help, too.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittyprincess

As some of you know my bf and i got our first xmas tree and for a min prince and princess were scared of it
now they wont leave it alone!!!!!
I tried squirting them with the spray bottle, they hate the vacuum so i put that near it, and they wont leave it alone
half of my tree is missing because they keep playing with it and prince oh my he climbs in. every morning when i wake up, i have to redecorate my tree. last night i was tired of them playing with it so i put em in the bathroom, but its so cold in there and i dont want them to get sick. and i dont want to keep them locked up everytime i go somewhere or when we go to sleep. does any one know what i can do?
You might want to have a look at these threads. It might cheer you up.

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=107740

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=108244

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

Hang citrus-scented car air fresheners on the bottom branches. Cats don't like the smell of citrus.
Cats other than Spike don't like the smell of citrus. Spike thinks it's grand and tries to steal orange sections off my plate.

Seriously, though, we don't have a tree. We tried it one year, when we still lived with another couple and their two (much more sedate) cats. Ornaments were smashed, lights were chewed on, presents were tossed around (or torn open ... and not by curious humans!) and the tree was toppled. It was not a pretty sight.

I have resigned myself to being treeless. Fortunately, we go to my parents' house and to J's family for Christmas (minus the cats, who don't travel well -- my parents live two hours away) and their homes are always beautifully decorated.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I guess I am lucky. Mollie and Sophie seem to ignore the tree as a plaything. The do like to play under it, chasing each other around the house. I have an artificial tree, so I have had to weight the base and also use ties further up the tree to anchor it so it won't fall over. Oliver has gotten a few "sprays" from the water bottle - because I saw him with one of the electric cords in his mouth! OMG! Thank goodness I don't leave the tree lights plugged in unless I am actually in the room. So maybe make sure your tree is weighted and tied to prevent it from tipping. Have you tried tying the ornaments to the branches rather than using the little hooks? Good luck!