Free Speuters in Chicago for Xmas

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seen this and thought of all of you people who TNR or take in and try and rehome kitties, PAWS Chicago is offering free speuters from Nov 28 - Dec 30th

fishtreatsmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

that is just so brill...................wish we could have that in Spain
Good Luck to Paws Chicago
Mooficat..are you in Spain???

Someone told me Spain has no animal shelters and animals are treated very poorly there? Take bullfights for instance... Is this true???

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FishTreatsMom

Mooficat..are you in Spain???

Someone told me Spain has no animal shelters and animals are treated very poorly there? Take bullfights for instance... Is this true???
Hi, yes I am in Spain.........there are some animal shelters but very, very few.........in the area I live I only know of 4 and and 1 of those is run by some Brits..........when I say area - the Brit one is the nearest and thats 8 miles away. The younger generation is more open to animal rights. Bullfights are only banned in 5 cities, Barcelona just recently, so its a long uphill battle but 5 cities is better than none.
One of the sadest things I witness every day is abandoned dogs
many of the older generation dont believe in neuter/spay, so as you can imagine there lots of puppies, they leave boxes in Brits gardens full of puppies........or even worse
I cant even say.
We have a greyhound stray at the moment - no-one can catch her as she is very, very timid and scared of humans, she is so skinny you can see all her ribs and hip bones
it so sad to see her, she stops to look at me and her eyes tell such a story, oh it makes me cry now
...........I leave water for her, I know another couple who are trying to trap her, they leave her food, so she knows where to go.
But now we are having a problem with some neighbours we say that the food which is left, as she wont eat or approach the food when humans are there, is attracting rats and they shoo the dog away its crazy, they are just trying to rescue her, so the food is the only method really..........."nash of teeth sound"...........its so frustrating..........these people have even thrown away the bowls that this couple have left for the dog

sorry I am ranting now..............and in danger of a thread high-jack

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe you could try telling them that the more the dog comes around, the less rats there will be?

I'm thinking about visiting Spain this coming spring (My husbands mom is from Cadiz). I'll have to consult with you on where to go!

fishtreatsmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm in Chicago. I wish I knew about the free speuter earlier, maybe I could post something on the free speuter at the pet store message board or at the library. I had a poster for feral cats posted at the library but someone took it down after only a week!
There are a couple other places that other free speuters from time to time in Chicago...Anti Cruelty has them for ferals during certain days of the week, and Treehouse has a free program for ferals. This is great but we need more ...Chicago is a very large city and not everyone can get to the areas where the clinics are located. But its a great start, PAWS is doing wonderful work.