Department 56

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every year for Christmas, I get my Uncle something regarding A Christmas Story. I've gotten him ornaments, the leg lamp - everything. But now I see that Department 56 has villiage pieces for the story. The house, school, Department store, everything! The only place I can find them are on Sears.com, and they only have 3 items.
Does anyone know where I can find anything else regarding them? I tried Deptment 56.com, and they don't have them... any help?! I'm desperate!

(Nothing like waiting til the last minute eh?
)

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Every year for Christmas, I get my Uncle something regarding A Christmas Story. I've gotten him ornaments, the leg lamp - everything. But now I see that Department 56 has villiage pieces for the story. The house, school, Department store, everything! The only place I can find them are on Sears.com, and they only have 3 items.
Does anyone know where I can find anything else regarding them? I tried Deptment 56.com, and they don't have them... any help?! I'm desperate!

(Nothing like waiting til the last minute eh?
)
Have you tried Halmark?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think that the Christmas Story village (Dept. 56 stuff) is a Sears Exclusive. I've never seen it anywhere else. Do you have a Sears store anywhere near you that you could go look?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I think that the Christmas Story village (Dept. 56 stuff) is a Sears Exclusive. I've never seen it anywhere else. Do you have a Sears store anywhere near you that you could go look?
I called all the Sears around me and no one has them in their stores. I'm so weary of buying it online, I really don't want it to arrive broken, especially so close to Christmas!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you check ebay? I collect Dept 56 Original Snow Village (also from the 50's era) and buy alot on ebay. Good luck! I bet you can find items there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just ended up ordering it online from Sears. I don't have much time and figured I wouldn't find what I wanted for such a good price anywhere else! I'm still looking for other pieces tho!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just checked Ebay. They have 140 listings for Dept 56 The Christmas Story in the Collectibles section. I have only had 1 item arrive damaged - not the shippers fault and he quickly replaced it. Of course, now with my cats, I don't put anything out because their ONLY goal is to knock everything over! Boo Hoo! Good luck with your search!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Heather, have you gone to look at the house? I keep wanting to, but never get down there.
Not yet... DH and I are making plans to go in the next week or two!