Be careful what you wish for

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seem to be having all sorts of photo opportunities this morning.

I'd been wishing that Peanut would come out of her shell. She has been here a year and a half now, but being deaf was keeping her extra cautious and timid. But over the last couple of weeks, she's been eating with all the other cats and joining in the "midnight crazies", so she is really coming around.

I just opened a new bucket of kitty litter, and inside, it had a small sample packet of Temptations treats. I set them aside and went on about cleaning and re-filling litter boxes. When I finally made it to the next to last box, it dawned on me that I'd been putting clean litter in boxes, and had not seen ONE cat. That can only mean that I'd closed a door behind me, and they were on the other side, stewing in anger (not good)...or, they were up to something (worse).

I found all the doors still open, and in the middle of the living room floor, Peanut herself was working hard on getting the sample treat packet opened, surrounded by the rest of the tribe. By the time I remembered where I'd left the camera, retrieved it and got it powered up, she had finally managed to tear into the bag, and call ALL her friends.

Ok, so.....she's out of her shell....with a vengence!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww... I've just had the same thing happen with Scratch. He was so shy and reserved until the day he smacked me on the head with his paw so that I would throw his furry mouse across the room!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Way to go Peanut! and how nice of her to share in the spoils of her hard work

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Awww... I've just had the same thing happen with Scratch. He was so shy and reserved until the day he smacked me on the head with his paw so that I would throw his furry mouse across the room!
Scratch is starting to INSIST on playing???
That is sooo cool. He's coming around quite nice.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

Scratch is starting to INSIST on playing???
That is sooo cool. He's coming around quite nice.
He's learning from the master... 8-Bit. I don't know if I should be scared or proud.