Someone hit my car!!

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm fuming!!

It was parked outside my work and someone just hit it and left!! Now I have to pay $500 excess as well as lose my car while they repair it!

And with Christmas it prolly won't be repaired till the 2nd week in January!!

I hope Karma gets the person that did this

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People are idiots! Sorry to here about your car. Thats a nasty dent. My sister (the one me and Nazumi stayed with) got in a wreck today on her way home from work. She was sitting at a red light and a 16 year old girl slammed into the back of her car. The girls car had no damage. My sisters whole back end is destroyed. It shot her radio out of where it is suppsed to be ( attached to the car) and shot her purse into the back of the car. She said she isnt sure if she hit her head or not. At least you werent in the car. Thats always good!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't worry, Karma will get them

That totally sucks for you though, are you claiming it through insurance?

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that does suck, that happened to me last sat.
hit my car and left. someone saw it though, because they left the persons license number on a piece of paper on my windshield, no number though. I spoke with the police and they said my insurance would go after the license number person, but they will probably deny it, and you can't prove who was driving etc. My car is still drivable, I don't think I am going to get it fixed, it looks like someone smashed the front bumper with a bowling ball. I tried popping it out with a suction cup but that didn't work. If I use my insurance my rates will go up, and I pay too much as it is.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, i'm sorry about your car
I'm just glad you weren't in it...thankfully you didn't get hurt
Don't worry, what comes around goes around- that person will be punished at some point for this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do have insurance, but because I don't have the person who did it I have to pay a $500 excess and no doubt my premium will go up next year

I wouldn't fix it if I didn't have to but water will get into the car if I don't!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bummer for you. I hope karma gets the person how did it. Maybe you can file a police report and they can do something like investigating it so the other car might be found?
I don't know, just grasping at straws for you. I feel horrible for you, but I'm glad you weren't in it.
Strange noone heard it or saw it though.

4crazycats I hope your sister is ok.
for her too.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

Your poor sister!

Is she ok?

Definately lucky I wasn't in the car
Shes ok. She said she hurts all over but wont go to the doctor. I really wish she would.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

I do have insurance, but because I don't have the person who did it I have to pay a $500 excess and no doubt my premium will go up next year

I wouldn't fix it if I didn't have to but water will get into the car if I don't!
Sweety, your insurance shouldn't go up for that..thats not your fault..at least here in Ontario it wouldn't go up. I guess perhaps the laws are different there.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remember in the movie Clueless when Alycia Silverstone was taken her driving test and hit those cars and said "my bad, should i leave them a note?"

You almost wish other people thought like that and actually did leave a note!
I know it sounds dumb but wouldnt it be nice to see people take responsibility for their actions!

I know i would.
I have a HUGE CONSCIOUS!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! That is awful that they didn't at least leave a note!
We had someone purposefully break our car window last month, how frustrating...and unfortunately our insurance does not cover vandalism!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

Remember in the movie Clueless when Alycia Silverstone was taken her driving test and hit those cars and said "my bad, should i leave them a note?"

You almost wish other people thought like that and actually did leave a note!
I know it sounds dumb but wouldnt it be nice to see people take responsibility for their actions!

I know i would.
I have a HUGE CONSCIOUS!
My mom hit a car once in a hospital garage. She left a note. I would definatly do that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In Australia, if you claim against your insurance for any reason your premiums go up - As far as they are concerned, they think you are a great risk of having another acciedent and therefore claiming more money from them

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

People are idiots! Sorry to here about your car. Thats a nasty dent. My sister (the one me and Nazumi stayed with) got in a wreck today on her way home from work. She was sitting at a red light and a 16 year old girl slammed into the back of her car. The girls car had no damage. My sisters whole back end is destroyed. It shot her radio out of where it is suppsed to be ( attached to the car) and shot her purse into the back of the car. She said she isnt sure if she hit her head or not. At least you werent in the car. Thats always good!
That is what happend to me 2 months ago at a YIELD Sign while waiting to merge - the guy in a Chevy Suburban didn't see the need to stop. The rear end of my car was destroyed (THE CAR CONSIDRED A TOTAL LOSS) and the other car had nothing but a few scratches on the bumper
. Now I have new car payments ..

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does you job have video survailance of the parking lot? If they do, maybe it was caught on tape. That does suck though right before Christmas.