Remember the post here on a TV station rescuing cat in tree?

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I sent a "thank you" email and also mentioned that the article was being linked on the cat boards. I have a reply today that reads:
--------------------
Oh, that is FABULOUS!!!!
I rarely get to go out on stories (I am the web person) and I just couldn't resist this one.
Thank you -- we appreciate the extra web traffic!!
) Sincerely,

Claire K. Aiello
Internet Content Manager, WHNT
www.whnt.com
(256) 535-9241
[email protected]
------------
A cat lover
and a web person!

We could, if we wanted, give her some more coverage on those other boards we visit, couldn't we? And maybe even some more emails!

Must give credit to catsknowme,
originator of the first post. Here's the link to her post:
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=108068

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great idea!! Thanks for providing Claire's email address, too! I sent a note of appreciation. You were smart to send an email - it will be great motivation for news teams to cover happy cat stories
And thank you for reading my thread - I was beginning to think that I should have titled it "Should I get a boob job [or "which pair of shoes would you buy"] and by the way, did you read about the cat in the tree", just to get a bit more attention...

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

What a great idea!! Thanks for providing Claire's email address, too! I sent a note of appreciation. You were smart to send an email - it will be great motivation for news teams to cover happy cat stories
And thank you for reading my thread - I was beginning to think that I should have titled it "Should I get a boob job [or "which pair of shoes would you buy"] and by the way, did you read about the cat in the tree", just to get a bit more attention...
Now, now, such cynicism in one so young!

I used the comment facility of their website to send a thank you note.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

That's kinda the way I feel about my posts. I keep wondering what I'm doing wrong.

You're welcome! thanks for posting it.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phat Locani

That's kinda the way I feel about my posts. I keep wondering what I'm doing wrong.

You're welcome! thanks for posting it.
This questions comes up every now and then - don't worry, you're not doing anything wrong.

In the case of the particular original thread, I'm guessing that a lot more people looked at the site than said anything about it - it's not exactly something you can converse about.

Don't sweat it, everyone feels like their posts went down like a lead balloon sometimes.