Ive been in the hospital!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got home a few hours ago. Ive been in the hospital because I couldnt eat/drink anything without throwing up. Then saturday morning around 6 I hadnt slept at all and I was just feeling horrible. My stomach started hurting so bad I couldnt move and I started screaming to wake John up. I didnt know what was going on. He couldnt get out of bed to come check on me so he called 911. Then he called my parents. I couldnt tell him what was wrong because it hurt sooo bad that all I could yell was MY STOMACH MY STOMACH! I was crying so bad too. I dont think Ive ever had that much pain.
Anyways the ambulance and police came. They ended up breaking into the house because niether one of us could get to the door. Buddy was trying to attack them and Jada wouldnt stop baying at them. Annie Rose was hissing and slapping any of them that went by. Nazumi ended up attacking one of them too. They must have thought I had a house full of crazy animals. Ok well I do. Anyways they still dont know what exactly is wrong with me. They said its probably just my IBS and maybe that I have developed GERD. I dont think thats what it is but I get to go back to my doctors today and get even more test done. This is just awful. Lava Girl is doing fine though. The doctors thought they might have to make her come early for her safety because her heart kept slowing way down. But shes doing fine now and she should be able to stay were she belongs for how long shes supposed to. Anyways thats all from me.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you are doing better Amber. You and John are having it rough right now, but at least you have each other!

Hang in there!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Glad to hear you're back. Do you still have stomach pains???

I know that last week the stomach flu was going around here (work, neighborhood), but what you had doesn't sound like it.

Hope the tests are quick and painless!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh no how scary! hope everyting is ok
and I'm sorry, but that description of your animals bravely protecting the house made me laugh
I have this image of cats leaping off bookcases and dogs with their teeth firmly clamped on the paramedic's pants leg

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Sorry to hear all this Amber. I'm glad to hear that you are back home. Hopefully, they can find out what is wrong......because all of that doesn't sound like "nothing" to me.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What an ordeal! Glad to hear that Lava Girl is doing okay.

It is nice to know your animals will protect you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Wow! Glad to hear you're back. Do you still have stomach pains???
I know that last week the stomach flu was going around here (work, neighborhood), but what you had doesn't sound like it. Hope the tests are quick and painless!!
Yes I'm still having very bad pains in my stomach. Feels like someone is stabbing me and it hurts worse when I eat or drink.
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

oh no how scary! hope everyting is ok
and I'm sorry, but that description of your animals bravely protecting the house made me laugh
I have this image of cats leaping off bookcases and dogs with their teeth firmly clamped on the paramedic's pants leg
Yeah thats pretty much how it was. Annie was sitting on her table by the door wacking them as they walked by. Jada was standing on her crate beside were I was laying baying. Buddy was just everywhere growling and barking. Nazumi I dunno were he came from. I just saw him fly from somewhere onto on of the police mans back. It would have been funny if I wasnt in so much pain. I was reaally worried about LavaGirl too
Originally Posted by SophieC

Wow! Sorry to hear all this Amber. I'm glad to hear that you are back home. Hopefully, they can find out what is wrong......because all of that doesn't sound like "nothing" to me.
Thanks. I dont think its nothing either. Ive had IBS my whole life and I havnt felt anything like this before. From what Ive read about GERD it doesnt sound like that either.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How scary for all of you! I'm glad things are improving, and wish you both continued progress in wellness.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

Yes I'm still having very bad pains in my stomach. Feels like someone is stabbing me and it hurts worse when I eat or drink.

Thanks. I dont think its nothing either. Ive had IBS my whole life and I havnt felt anything like this before. From what Ive read about GERD it doesnt sound like that either.
sounds more like an ulcer or a gall bladder attack to me. how long after eating/drinking does the pain start? do you break out in a cold sweat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

sounds more like an ulcer or a gall bladder attack to me. how long after eating/drinking does the pain start? do you break out in a cold sweat?
Well they checked for Ulcers I know. Not sure about my gallbladder. No ulcers. I start throwing up right away. Well about 2-5 minutes after I eat. I started throwing up. Then my stomach starts hurting after I throw up. I do have cold sweats.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That is what I was thinking. Gallbladder attacks are extremely painful. Pregnancy seems to make it worse. Several of my friends had theirs removed after the baby was born. I had mine removed March 2004 after several attacks

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

That is what I was thinking. Gallbladder attacks are extremely painful. Pregnancy seems to make it worse. Several of my friends had theirs removed after the baby was born. I had mine removed March 2004 after several attacks
one of my colleagues here at school had hers removed quite young, after her pregnancy w/twins. most people who need it removed usually don't need it until around their 40s, but she was only about 26. i was 42 - & it hurt really badly. another teacher here just had hers removed - she's in her 30s. she was throwing up & sick for over a week before they diagnosed it, & she also had an inflamed pancreas to boot, so they had to wait a few days before they could remove it. they diagnosed mine via ultrasound. i didn't throw up, but i was severely nauseous. i have a very strong gag reflex - i don't throw up easily. sometimes i wish that were different...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
you can read about gall bladder attacks here. i'm thinking they may not be considering that as a possibility because of your age.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amber, i'm so sorry all of this is happening to you
That's aweful! I think some of the other members have given you some great suggestions
. I have server GERD and sever IBS along with a few other GI issues...so i know what it's like- however, what your describing does not sound like GERD or IBS symptoms....they shouldn't be causing all of those symptoms. You do however sound identical to what my neice Terra went through with her first pregnancy- she had to go to the hospital again soon after delivering Kaitlynn because she was having immense pain and was hysterical...it was aweful. It wound up being her Gall bladder. They had to take it out (which they did really cool actually- they use tiny tiny incisions, and they fade away...she had 4 little spots on her stomach -and you can't even tell they did it now.) Please ask your doctor about gall bladder complications- they are extremly common with pregnancy...so it's something to look into- you should not be in this much pain from gerd or ibs
good luck gorgrous, keep us updated. (It is not uncommon for gall bladder problems to occur with pregnancy reguardless of age, my neice was 17 at the time her issues started.)

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amber, I am so sorry that you were in so much pain and had to go to the Hospital!!! I can imagine how scared you were for you and Lava Girl.I'm glad that she is o.k and for the most part, so are you.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Originally Posted by Catkiki

I would definitely say the gallbladder should be looked at. When I had my problems, I had the worst pain right under my ribs, throwing up for hours. This was after months doctors saying I had GERD. I haven't had any pain since the surgery.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet its the IBS.
I went to the ER not long ago for really aweful stomach pains.I soooo thought i need my galbladder removed. But once i started cutting back on caffiene the pain went away.
I have been very very queezie lately and stayed home from work the other day. It started once i began drinking more coffee. One of the things the MD told me to stay away from.

anyways,
Im glad to have you back.

now get back to making my life more enjoyable with your wonderful posts!!!
the night is young lady!!!!