Favorite Christmas Songs

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is a local radio station that is playing all Christmas music and we started listening to it at work this morning. I love it! It really puts me in the Christmas spirit, but the problem is that the Christmas spirit makes me NOT want to be at work

What's your favorite Christmas song and what special memory does it hold for you?

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have lots of favs, though not for special memory reasons - I just like the words or the way it feels to sing them.

Some of my favourites are:

1. The little drummer boy
2. The friendly beasts
3. Come all ye faithful
4. God rest ye merry gentlemen
5. What child is this?

Four and five are my absolute favourites, probably five is my fav fav.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorites are The Christmas Song (Chestnuts), and Walking in a Winter Wonderland. I like those not for any special times, but because I just like the music and the words.

Other songs, such as Jingle Bell Rock and Frosty, remind me of growing up and waiting inpatiently for my Dad to get ready so we could head over to my Grandma's house for dinner and to open presents as a family. I would wake up and get ready to go by 10:00 am. Dad would sit in his chair reading a book until about noon, then take a nap, wake up and read a little more, and THEN take a shower and get ready. I couldn't stand it!
My mom, sister, and I would have Christmas music playing all day. We used to sit in the living room and sing at the top of our lungs to try and speed Dad up

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in grade school, we'd sit in the gym/auditorium and sing Christmas carols on the last day of school before the holidays; it's one of my fondest childhood memories, and it makes me really sad that they can't do that any more (I mean, I understand that not all cultures celebrate Christmas and it's not fair to people to be forced to participate, but it makes me sad nonetheless because it was such a happy time for me).

My favourite songs were "Somethin' About Christmas Time" (by Bryan Adams), "The Huron Christmas Carol" and "O Come All Ye Faithful" ('cause I can sing it in Latin).

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

My favourite, " All i want for christmas " by Mariah Carey has just been playing and i can't stop singing it now
I love her Christmas album!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me, it's
1. Do you hear what I hear??
2. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (reminds me of the miners - my former husband was one, God Rest His Soul)
3. Silent Night
4. O Come All Ye Faithful
5. The First Noel
6. WinterWonderland
7. Frosty the Snowman
8. Jinglebell Rock

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My all time favorite is O Holy Night... which is fine with any singer, but the version I love the most is by John Berry. If you don't know who he is, he's a country singer. I believe he's leaning more toward gospel now though. But if you want to hear an amazing rendition of O Holy Night, then track down his album (or find the MP3 online...)

My other songs are all from Bob River's Twisted Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I love the other traditionals, but I tend to work retail during Christmas, and so I hear them CONSTANTLY. For example, if I hear Winter Wonderland one more time, I'm gonna scream. I have hated that song since grade school when our choir teacher made us practice it over and over and over and ... well, you get the idea. And yet, it sticks in my head like someone's tongue to a metal pole in winter... ggrrr...

ahem...

Twisted Christmas favorites: "The Chimney Song", and "The Restroom Door Said 'Gentlemen'"

Yes, I am a sick, sick puppy.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My favourite, " All i want for christmas " by Mariah Carey has just been playing and i can't stop singing it now
Susan that's my ring tone on my cell phone, and my answer tone too! (so when people call me they don't hear a regular ring, they hear that song!)

My favorite x-mas songs are "Baby it's cold outside" the Johnny Mercer and Margaret Whiting version, or "the man with the bag"....and I can't think of who it's by right now.....but those are my faves. I like jazzy type x-mas music, recently by Harry Connick Jr....who btw makes me
and
all at the same time!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thats my very favorite too!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I love that one too!!

I also like one, not sure what its called.."Santa Baby" maybe??

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Thats my very favorite too!
Mine too!! Mine too!!!

I also love the version by Vince Vance(and ???) its usually played on country stations.
But ya know what-I havent hardly heard any christmas music this year, and I havent heard either of those!!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll go top 5

1. Sleigh-Ride, but the Anderson orchestral arrangement, you know, the one without words.
2. Happy Christmas (War is Over) by John Lennon
3. Carol of the Bells
4. O Holy Night, specifically a capella arrangements
5. The Nutcracker Suite