What's your favorite type of pickle???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it's random, but i was wondering what everyone's favorite type of picke was?
I LOVE zesty kosher dill pickles. Those are by far my favorite. I also like bread and butter pickles....yet i can't stand sweet pickles. What about the rest of you? What kind do you like?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never met a pickle that I didn't like...with the exception of pickled watermelon rinde, blech!!!

Dill with garlic, sweet mixed, gerkins, mustard pickles, pickled beets.... it's all good.

One thing I prefer in dills is that they are crunchy, so I usually buy the ones in the refrigerated section. I'll eat the other dills, but much prefer crunchy ones.

My Mom used to pickle all kinds of things when I was a kid. I did a bunch of pickling about 5 years ago. I started from scratch having to buy the jars and lids and ingredients, plus I don't have access to farmers markets so I was buying the produce at the grocery store, so I found it rather expensive! However if you have access to cheap farmers market prices, or grow your own, pickling is definitely a cheaper way to go than buying them.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love those flat dill pickles, don't ask my why, but those are better than regular pickles to me

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I know it's random, but i was wondering what everyone's favorite type of picke was?
I LOVE zesty kosher dill pickles. Those are by far my favorite. I also like bread and butter pickles....yet i can't stand sweet pickles. What about the rest of you? What kind do you like?
Nikkie, aren't bread and butter pickles the sweet ones?

I like dill pickles, the little tiny crunchems

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the big fat ones that come in a barrel in a deli.....I think they are either garlic or jewish pickles....I don't know which is right, but they are the BEST!!! And now my mouth is watering.....

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
definately dill! and I love bread and butter cucumber chips.
I think the pickles they use at resturaunts are nasty.
and I cannot stand sweet pickles.
now I will have to get eat a pickle.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kosher baby dills!
They have to be the small ones.
I can eat a whole jar in one sitting.

I dated a guy for years that loved pickle juice. So I would eat the pickles then put the empty jar back in the fridge for him and he would drink the juice - just like a drink. Always made me

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Baby gherkins are my fav! I also love the bread and butter on sandwiches. Kosher dill are delicious too!

OK I like most pickles!

When I was a kid my Grandparent's neighbor used to make homemade pickles! I called them Mrs. Peter's Pickles! I never knew her name. She passed away about 3 years ago, but it had been about 10 years since she made any. I miss them! Nothing touches them! They were sooo goo! I'm not sure where they were from, but they came to the US from somewhere in Eastern Europe I believe. I'll have to ask my Grandpa since I'm thinking about it.

Now I'm off to the kitchen for a pickle or 2 or 3............