Some Birthday----- Rant

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, today was my birthday and I am soooo bummed! We were going to go out to eat but my car is acting up! So I had to settle for pizza and beer. We are going to have to get it fixed now. This always happens around the holidays for me. We really havent been able to afford Christmas for a couple of years now. I thought this year was going to be different. Sigh.....

Kiki

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
happy birthday

nothing wrong with some pizza & beer with family and or friends for you birthday.
much better then spending it alone

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

Well, today was my birthday and I am soooo bummed! We were going to go out to eat but my car is acting up! So I had to settle for pizza and beer. We are going to have to get it fixed now. This always happens around the holidays for me. We really havent been able to afford Christmas for a couple of years now. I thought this year was going to be different. Sigh.....

Kiki
awww..i'm sorry sweetie.
maybe tomorrow will be better for you. it just stinks that this happened on your birthday
/ If it's any consilation- mine really stunk this year too- colin and i have the same birthday...and well....i really thought he was going to propose on our birthday. when it didn't happen, i was really bummed out....did i mention that on our birthday, he didn't even get me a present! he went out to "the store to get some milk" and really went down the road and got me a gift card to starbucks and one to sheridans- he waited until my birthday, and then got me about the most impersonal gift ever, when i was thinking he was gonna pop the question. To make things even more horrible- let's talk about the card he gave me that he tapped the gift cards inside of!
...on the front of the card it had two little old men..one was crying, and the other asked him what was wrong ..to which the guy responded saying "I married a gorgeous hot cheerleader" ...and the other guy asked him why he was crying over that ...and when you open the card it says "I forgot where I live" ...cute card right? WRONG!!! It talked about getting married on the front of it..and on the inside, i could feel something in there (which wound up being the gift cards) and i thought it was a ring
It was just cruel...he didn't even think about it.) Then after that delightful event, we wound up doing what he wanted to do and went downtown to play videogames at Jillians...I was completly miserable- it was aweful. The only good part was Silky O'Sullivan where we ate (that's my favorite resturant on beale street). And he made a really butt of himself there making fun of the singer (who i happened to know
) It was about the worst birthday ever for me (aside from my 16th birthday- that tops them all
) Needless to say, having the same birthday as your SO is definitely not always a good thing- especially when they screw up yours. Did i mention, I spent about a month trying to come up with the perfect gift for him- he is really big into grilling and anything to do with bbq or things of that nature....I ordered him all really nice stuff for his grill, his own personalized steak press and i made a basket filled with lots of goodies i thought he'd like...all sorts of speciality jerky,cheeses, desserts, seasonings, new kitchen towels (he needed them), and other little guy things related to cooking) and you know what he did when I gave it to him- he said that he wished i hadn't got him anything for the grill...and that he didn't want "kitchen junk" .....keep in mind, i spent a month on his gift, and he waited until our birthday to go out and get me a :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: gift card...uhhh...that man!
So yeah, I definitely understand crappy birthdays. I'm sorry you had such a rotten one. Maybe tomorrow we can have an honoary birthday for you here on tcs??? how would you like that?
i'll start a thread for you if you'd like!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

Kiki
Happy belated birthday

I agree, that there is nothing wrong with pizza and beer, so long as it's taken with good company, and it sounds like it was!

So far as Christmas goes everyone can afford Christmas because it's not about the gifts or how much money you can spend on gifts or food. Christmas is a celebration of love and family.

I gave up giving gifts to my family because nothing was ever good enough or expensive enough and every year I racked my brain and my bank account buying them things only to have them all taken back to the stores and either returned for cash, or exchanged for something else. I figured why bother!!! So now I don't.

Some of the best Christmas memories I have are from when I was a kid and we were dirt poor. My brother and I got 2 gifts each. One was a pair of PJs that we could open on Christmas Eve. The other was something else that we opened on Christmas morning.

So don't fret about not being able to "afford" Christmas. That's nonsense
Have an old fashioned traditional one where people make their own gifts...something that comes from the heart, not the store.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy belated birthday.

I'm sorry that you are having financial troubles, and that that is getting you down.

After you're done with your much needed venting, try to get some perspective on the problem. The holidays aren't about gifts, even if it is wearing to go without them yet again.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

sorry bout you car and your financial troubles, I'm in the same boat
haven't been able to afford gifts for 3 years now, but I was always with my family! hope things get better for ya

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah KiKI, that sucksm I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with your car...thts all you need during the holidays eh?

Good luck and Happy Birthday!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you at least get to pick the toppings? And the type of beer?

My neighbor (growing up) had his birthday fall on Christmas...so his family always celebrated it in the summer (usually July).

Happy Birthday though!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey all

I am in a better mood now. LOL The pizza and beer were good. I finished off the pizza for breakfast yesterday. I am taking the car in tomorrow for a tune up. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

My major reason for being bummed is that this was my 50th birthday and it was very hard. To top it off, I haven't been feeling well. I am off work this week and that is good since I do not have very much sick time available to me at work.

Kiki