Drinkwell VS Catit

dark_waltz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Which is the best pet fountain,
(My babies are having one for christmas)
If other please specify

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We got a PetMate - I find it easy to take apart and clean thoroughly every weekend. Mika prefers the water running down the ramp and Bijou drinks from the bowl.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't have the Drinkwell, but i have a CatIt & a FreshFlow. the cats & i prefer the FreshFlow. it's easier to take apart & clean, & it's quieter. that's why i like it. they just seem to drink from it more often than the CatIt.

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have the Drinkwell, Petmate Fresh Flow and the CatIt.

My cats and I prefer the Drinkwell. Petmate would rank second and CatIt come in a definite last.

Many of my cats like to drink from the stream.

The newest model of the Drinkwell, (the Platinum), looks like it is a really great product.

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a PetMate FreshFlow. Polly drinks from the bowl, and Prego drinks from the very top of the ramp, where the water first comes out. It's too cute.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I have the Petmate Fresh Flow, but I believe cats that like to drink out of faucets would prefer the Drinkwell.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had the pet mate & after 6 years it leaked everywhere so now I have the Catit. I actually like the Catit better and so do my cats, but that's just our opinons. One thing to look at is what you think your cats will like the best. Mine love to drink from the dome of the Catit, but no one knows your kitties the way you do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dark_waltz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your views and opinions,
I got him a petmate freshflow and hes quite pleased with it, He is drinking a bit more than he used to and that makes it worthwhile
I also got a little aqua garden off ebay that just clips in the side!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dark_Waltz

I also got a little aqua garden off ebay that just clips in the side!
Is it anything like the hydroponic catgrass pod for the Drinkwell? I just started using one, and so far Ginger loves having her cat grass in her water dish!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dark_waltz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just ordered a Petmate Freshflow for Duke because he keeps drinking from the pond. The filter on the top is a large UV filter for an outdoor pond, but we bring them in during the winter months. The water empties back into the pond in two streams and he's always drinking from it. I don't think it should cause any problems, but JIK...

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dark_Waltz

well they are made for drinkwell, but I found it fitted alright into the petmateyep but mine hasn't grown yet http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...Name=WDVW&rd=1
OMG that is fantastic! My recent attempt at growing cat grass resulted in gravel and oats all over the bathroom floor
although surprisingly it still grew after I'd swept it all up and put it back in the container - which Radar knocks over and makes a mess with every time he eats the grass
- this looks as if it would solve the problem, especially since it got knocked over while he was trying to get to the tap to drink