To Put Up Decorations or Not?

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are in the process of getting ready to move at the moment and I have been debating whether I should put some decorations up or not!

I have a feeling that once the house is all decorated, we'll be moving and I'll have more to pack!

I just can't decide what to do, so I thought you guys would be sure to help me make the decision!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since you may be moving soon, put up some simple ones that will be easy to remove and pack. But put some up, its Christmas!!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was faced with this dilemma several years ago, Sarah. We were moving to another state the day after Christmas. I didn't put up Christmas decorations because I figured it would be more trouble with the move. I was disappointed on Christmas morning though because it just didn't seem like Christmas.

I will say though, that I am not sure I would have been in the Christmas spirit even with the decorations because of all the moving stress.

Geesh, I wasn't much help, was I?

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd also put up a few simple decorations that would be very easy to pack.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

I was faced with this dilemma several years ago, Sarah. We were moving to another state the day after Christmas. I didn't put up Christmas decorations because I figured it would be more trouble with the move. I was disappointed on Christmas morning though because it just didn't seem like Christmas.

I will say though, that I am not sure I would have been in the Christmas spirit even with the decorations because of all the moving stress.

Geesh, I wasn't much help, was I?
You pretty much described how I'm kind of feeling at the moment though!

Although I've been enjoying the festivities at the Christmas Market (well the Gluhwein, anyway!
) I'm just not feeling very festive at all! I haven't even managed to buy much in the way of presents!

I was wondering if decorating would get me in the right frame of mind to get shopping?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted no but maybe a few tings that will be easy to take down and pack may be enough to put you in the spirit!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

You pretty much described how I'm kind of feeling at the moment though!

Although I've been enjoying the festivities at the Christmas Market (well the Gluhwein, anyway!
) I'm just not feeling very festive at all! I haven't even managed to buy much in the way of presents!

I was wondering if decorating would get me in the right frame of mind to get shopping?
I actually think it would. Put up some decorations... you know you could even buy a small tree and get a few cheapy decorations and just throw the whole thing away when you're done so you don't have to worry about packing the stuff up. Play some Christmas music while you are decorating and drink some egg nog.. Anything to put you in the Christmas mood. If that doesn't work, once you are out shopping in the crowds the Christmas spirit will hit you

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Put them up and celebrate your last Christmas there in that home
If it were me, i'd just put up a tree and a few other things...but not worry about outside lites, etc since you'll be moving soon. I would only decorate indoors

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh this happened to my friend a few years back, so together we decided to contact friends & family and ask for any decorations that they didnt use anymore or wouldnt mind not seeing again
They were then invited over for a "Xmas Decoration Bash" a few nibbles and bottles of wine later - house decorated for Xmas. She had permission to throw them away when she was finally moving .............
it actually lifted her spirits as well

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i voted no, but you can't go by me, 'cause i don't decorate even when i'm not moving!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Of course you should. As soon as you decorate, you will get the news you are moving before Christmas

That's what happened to me!