Man PMS! I swear-i'm gonna beat him with a rolling pin before the night is through!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uhhhh.....so at the moment, Colin has what I like to refer to as "Man PMS"....he's moody (for lack of a better word
), grumpy, snappy, and is being sassy! Uhhhhh....he's driving me crazy! I think i'm going to harm him before the night is through if he doesn't stop acting like an angry teenage girl
I swear! Do any of your SO's ever get "Man PMS"? If so, what do you do when they act like that?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not much you can do at this point except give him time and space to cool down.

I can get moody at times and my ex b/f was about the only person that was able to "effectively manage" my moodiness, LOL He knew enough to just let me rant on and on and on until I stopped and then he would look at me with a smirk on his face and say "Are you done?" I couldn't help but laugh.

Just give him some time and he'll quiet down.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, i'm definitely giving him some space at the moment...he's in his computer room and i'm in the living room. I swear...it's weird- it's like he gets pms and i don't

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
*grin* After nearly 20 years of marriage, mostly to the same guy, I had to chuckle a little at your post. In my house, when my husband would get "Man PMS" (I like that name for it, BTW, it is so descriptive!), I would call it "Weekends". *LOL* If he was home, that meant it was the weekend, and he was normally always in a bad mood if he was home, so there ya have it.

The best thing you can do is 1) either be really, really sickeningly sweet to him; "Aw honey, what can I do to make you smile?" and then whatever he says, do that (it gets old and the requests become increasingly more stupid as they age - trust me on this) or 2) arrange an extended outing away from him, preferably one that involves spending a lot of his money just for spite. *LOL* I like Nordstrom's myself, but depending upon the severity of his mood, Bergdorf-Goodman in NYC was a particular favorite as well - your mileage may vary.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

*grin* After nearly 20 years of marriage, mostly to the same guy, I had to chuckle a little at your post. In my house, when my husband would get "Man PMS" (I like that name for it, BTW, it is so descriptive!), I would call it "Weekends". *LOL* If he was home, that meant it was the weekend, and he was normally always in a bad mood if he was home, so there ya have it.

The best thing you can do is 1) either be really, really sickeningly sweet to him; "Aw honey, what can I do to make you smile?" and then whatever he says, do that (it gets old and the requests become increasingly more stupid as they age - trust me on this) or 2) arrange an extended outing away from him, preferably one that involves spending a lot of his money just for spite. *LOL* I like Nordstrom's myself, but depending upon the severity of his mood, Bergdorf-Goodman in NYC was a particular favorite as well - your mileage may vary.
Gaye, I love you!
You soooo just made my night

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My ex had the the WORST man PMS in the morning...He is not a morning person, so he would all but swear at me in the morning if I even talked to him

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

I love your helpful hints!!!

Yes, Shawn gets Man PMS!! He gets grouchy and just a pain in the rump to be around.I usually take that time to get on here or take the kids with me to the store and stay gone as long as I can.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I most definitely deal with man PMS here, too. I just totally ignore him, sometimes leaving. Gaye has the right idea, though

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, B has frequent MPMS, so I know the symptoms and pain.

If he starts to be grouchy to you, start in about Midol and how much it helps you during your time of the month.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yup, DH gets Man PMS - it's generally because he's tired and cranky. We both get it, and just give each other space when it happens, and apologise for being tired and cranky when we're done.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what me get pms?

lol i wonder if that was why the wife said she was going to bed vs talking to me today.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

I say knock him in the head with a club and let him sleep it off.
I like the way you think!

Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

"Man PMS"

As a guy myself, permission to say Pffffppfft!
lol.....you know you get it too..come one now

Originally Posted by theimp98

no now shut up and leave me alone
....my point exactly

Originally Posted by theimp98

what me get pms?

lol i wonder if that was why the wife said she was going to bed vs talking to me today.
lol...probably so