DH had an alergic reaction!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today as part of the week long celebration of DH's 31st birthday, we decided to go have lunch and buy him some shirts. We stopped at this wonderful restaurant that is a fixture in Cleveland, and after we ate he started to feel funny. DH has an allergy to beans, hazelnuts, and chickpeas. The restaurant we went to cooks these items along side all their other food. We've never had a cross contamination reaction happen, but this time it did. I was able to rush across the street to pick up some medicine, so he is fine now, but it was a scary moment.

So for all of you out there that have food allergies please be careful!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm glad he is ok. Eating out when one has food allergies is always a risk. I feel sorry for these people because we are such a food oriented culture.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Is he like deathly allergic? That would be scary!!
No it's not deathly allergic, but it's enough to have to have stuff on hand when ever we go out. This is the ONE time I forgot his medication at home!

EDIT: I realized I misspelled allergic in my title! Sorry all!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the same problem, I am allergic to seafood and shellfish and our Christmas Party is at an "oyster bar and grill" and although they have promised to be extra careful and make me a chicken dish - I think I will just pass

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I have the same problem, I am allergic to seafood and shellfish and our Christmas Party is at an "oyster bar and grill" and although they have promised to be extra careful and make me a chicken dish - I think I will just pass
That's most likely for the best. Does your reaction start right away, or do you have time to take a pill?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

That's most likely for the best. Does your reaction start right away, or do you have time to take a pill?
Usually after a few minutes and I have an epi-pen because the pills take too long to work

I am actually kinda annoyed about it because its a small company and 2 of us have shellfish allergies and originally we were having the party somewhere else that does serve fish but not as the main food and then they changed it to somewhere more expensive. A lot of the construction guys are not going now because it is to dressy / snooty for them as well