Kitty christmas came early today!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We went out today and bought the girls a cat tree! It's got 3 levels, and each perch is enough for at least 2 cats, and it's by the front door in front of the window so they can watch the happenings out the window

We put Stumpy and Smudge on a level each when we got it in its spot and they both purred and purred and purred as soon as they got on it, and had a great time scratching, sniffing and exploring
I think they approve!

We also got a water dispenser for them since they go through a bowl of water prety fast, and an automatic feeder.

So the feeder will dispense 1/2 cup of dry food at 7am and 7pm. We may need to adjust the amounts, but we'll see how that goes. So at least this way we can control how much food they're getting, and we can stay out late or go away for a weekend and know they'll be getting fed

We also got a Litter Locker before we went away to make regular scooping easier and so we don't go through as many plastic bags.

So our kitties are very easy to look after and not at all spoilt

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww! I'm sure they loved their early christmas gifts! Especially the kitty tree!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stumpy LOVES the tree!!! She's been scaling the side of it, going headfirst down the side trying to get a dangly rope thing, attacking Smudge from the middle perch, reaching as high as she can on the windows from the top perch, and generally having a LOT of fun!!!

Gotta love when you get new things like that and they love it - she has a big kitty smile on her face!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really need to get an automatic feeder! How much do they usually run in price? I don't think I've really looked around for one - but they sound great!

My boys want to know if they can come play on the new cat tree?

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to get Bean a kitty tree. I think that he'd love one. Just got to save up some extra cash. Those things are expensive!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I really need to get an automatic feeder! How much do they usually run in price? I don't think I've really looked around for one - but they sound great!

My boys want to know if they can come play on the new cat tree?
Of course they can - my girls would love to have the boys come over for a play date

We got the PetSmart Le Bistro Automatic Cat Feeder

We paid $60 for it from a non-PetSmart store. 1 hour and 10 minutes until the first lot of dry food is released!! We're waiting with baited breath...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The first feeding just happened! We lured the cats into the dining room for feeding time with toys and waited.

When the feeder went off Stumpy and Smudge both ran to the feeder and were VERY excited about it! The food started coming out and they started chomping straight away! Lily, our shy girl, wasn't too freaked out, and even joined the other two in munching at the dry food!! It was cute to see them all eating out of the same bowl!

So the automatic feeder is a success!