Food Allergy

ashmykittylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I couldn't find a good answer to my question on this site so I thought I'd sign up and write my first post

My cat had been scratching his ears and face. It wasn't constant so didn't think much of it until I noticed a little scab and small patches of fur missing on the outside of his ears. Vet said it was food allergies. My cat had been on innova evo (dry) and wellness (canned) for a year. I guess it doesn't help that we sometimes feed him some table scraps. Anyways, I will be picking up IVD on Tuesday and trying that out. I don't know much about this brand and I'm also worried since my cat can be picky. I understand it can be difficult since I'm not sure what exactly he's allergic to, but are there other good brands of food for cats with food allergies?

Thanks in advance!
Wendy&Ash

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doesn't Wellness have a grain free canned wet food? You might want to try that as some cats with allergies are picky with grains. Otherwise if you want to try something with out the usually chicken and poultry, Natural Balance has a vennison and peas blend that I know many people have successfully used for cats with allergies.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

Doesn't Wellness have a grain free canned wet food? You might want to try that as some cats with allergies are picky with grains. Otherwise if you want to try something with out the usually chicken and poultry, Natural Balance has a vennison and peas blend that I know many people have successfully used for cats with allergies.
Wellness " grain free " have flax Ie not a good allergy formula...

I agree with natural balence as a possible idea prior to RX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashmykittylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will check out Natural Balance... Thanks!!