Christmas Shopping Online

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay...I am starting my own thread, 'cause after 3 messages in another, no one responded to me. Ouch!

I've been probably an online shopping "geek" for over 10 years. The more hectic my life has become since marrying and getting busy with senior cat care, business etc., the more convenient it has become.

I hate crowds. I seriously hate crowds, and can't imagine going into the pressure cooker of crowds behaving badly!

Part of it is I do so much product research via online sources...read reveiws, see images of the product (not the same as picking something up, and I do go to stores..into them even!..but during the year when it's not nuts and folks still have some manners functioning)...price compare, look for best shipping or guarantees.

Favorite sites...I love Harry and Davids, love shopping at sites that represent my area (like Made in Oregon, or Sees Chocolates), and we like to do "in honor of" gifts. This year, part of our gifts were in honor my gram who just passed, purchasing via World Visions catalog clothes for those in need. A simply $35 donation turns into $455 worth of clothes thanks to manufacturer participation.

Or...buying 10 fruit trees to give a family food and income from a small fruit grove. We really enjoyed doing this this year, and in each case, the folks on whose behalf we did this, receive a nice card (or ecard..our choice).

Anyhoo...anyone else out there love shopping online as much as I do??

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's deffinatley helpful! Especailly when it comes to my niece and nephews. I never know what to get them for their birthdays and stuff, and their parent's are only so helpful with ideas. Usually they only tell us what they are getting them! So I go on KB Toys and search by gender, age, etc. Plus I can read reviews. Sometimes I will even go on there and then go to the store to look at particular things in person.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I do a fair amount of shopping online, but I still love shopping in stores. I use Ebay fairly regularly, as well as amazon, and have bought direct from several stores as well. It makes me a little nervous though waiting for things to arrive...but then they do and I get non-bill mail!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do a certain amount of shopping online, when I know what I want - I do most of my shopping for Victorias Secret and Bath & Body Works online, especially when you can get free shipping, it always helps!

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For me shopping on line is a necessity. I have arthritis and have trouble walking and carrying things. This year I have done all my shopping on line with the exception of one gift that my mother picked up for me.

Another thing I like is having the ability to order the gift, have it wrapped and delivered to the person. This I do with the gifts that go to out of state. And in some cases if it is a large item I have it shipped to my mother who lives an hour away. This year she is wrapping a large item I got for my niece.

The only problem I have is itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s sometimes too easy! At some sites all I need to do is long in and I can “speed buy†anything I want. Find it, hit the button and poof it's on it's way! No last chance to change my mind when I see how much it will end up costing me.

This was a huge problem when I was suffering from sleepless nights and would end up on the computer. There were nights when I would buy something then forget until it showed up. Not good for my budget.

I am not looking forward to my credit card statement this month. It will arrive by e-mail on the 25th. I think of it as a gag gift.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a total of one Christmas gift in a brick and mortar store this year, and honestly I think I'm taking it back and replacing it with something I ordered online.

I love eBay, Amazon, Victorias Secret, Harry and David, Old Navy, Signals/Wireless, and JC Penney.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you mean noone answered you? I didn't really see that you asked a question

Anyhoo, as I said in the other thread, I just ordered my very first thing online and it was very convenient!!
I'm kinda worried that its too easy and I will start shopping away all the time now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

What do you mean noone answered you? I didn't really see that you asked a question

Anyhoo, as I said in the other thread, I just ordered my very first thing online and it was very convenient!!
I'm kinda worried that its too easy and I will start shopping away all the time now
I mean there was a lot of back and forth, and it was as if I hadnt posted

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I did mention online shopping because of YOUR post...I just didn't quote you

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I did mention online shopping because of YOUR post...I just didn't quote you
Well thank you
(I was feeling invisible!)

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

That happens to me on all most every thread I post on, and when I start a thread, very FEW people respond. I know how it feels.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I shop at several places online - most because they have things I need cheaper than I can buy locally or have something not available locally. Will soon be heading off to buy Mom a short jacket for Christmas and maybe something for the nephew in law. (But if I get no hints for him, he's getting a singing hamster!
)

But I always buy my chocolate locally.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

That happens to me on all most every thread I post on, and when I start a thread, very FEW people respond. I know how it feels.
Well I'll try to be sure to post in any of the threads I see you posting in then

luvslive

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love shopping online! I do get a lot of sheet music online, I try to always get flat rate shipping. sheetmusicplus is a good one. Just think of the time a person saves, not having to stand in line! I also did quite a bit of shopping at www.collectionsetc.com

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I probably do more in stores than online. I subscribe to most of the stores that I do shop at-their websites and have gotten coupons that came in handy. I pick up stuff year round-esp off season when its on sale or clearance. I like to physically see most of the stuff before buying!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I do more shopping online than off, and frequent Amazon, Land's End, L.L. Bean, several pet food suppliers, the Animal Rescue Site's store, a couple of German electronics retailers, and occasionally ebay. It's much easier to compare prices online, and you often get more product info than you would at a store. It's extremely convenient for overseas gifts, too.
I hate shopping IRL, but online shopping is fun!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At this point, I think I do at least 85% of my shopping online, except for cat food and cat grass, groceries and incidentals.

I too have a serious problem dealing with crowds and lines, but I have an even bigger problem with untrained and/or uneducated "customer service" personnel behind cash registers. I'm sick to death of getting attitude from late teen early 20-somethings because THEY have to actually WORK.

So to avoid all the nastiness, I'm perfectly happy to do my browsing/shopping online!

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I buy a lot of gift cards for people out of state and so some of the stores they like don't have a location here nearby me. I buy just about all the gift cards online and have them sent directly to my gift recipient.

For those closer to home, I do shop in the stores for their gifts, then wrap them myself. I am a gift-wrap freak. I probably spend just as much in gift wrap stuff as I do on many of the gifts I buy!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i LOVE shopping online! this year, i ordered for my mom, my dad [2 gifts - his BD is 12/26] & my chinese gift exchange gift for christmas w/my mom's extended family. i got my nieces' & nephews' gifts at the book fair here at school, so no 'going out' to shop there. i found my grandma's gift at the local tuesday morning, so i went out for that. my sister is the only one i'm trekking around for now.

BTW - i don't even know which thread you're talking about

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tend to window shop online, but don't really buy online as much. Not due to any trust issues or whatnot (which a lot of people think is an issue) but I'm not really a shopper! My DH on the other hand will shop anywhere and in any means necessary as he is a shopaholic! So he does a lot of both types!