tell me a good computer game

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
I need a new computer game. something that isn't mindless but not one of those timed shoot em up blast ships type thing. I liked tetris and want something that takes more skill than speed. I hate racing the clock.

Can you help?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite game is Bookworm. You can play it online but I did find it at Walmart for $10. I like Bounce Out and Avalance too. Another good one is Jewel Quest. That takes a bit of skill there, but not too frustrating or anything. Most online games I play are through yahoo.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Bookworm and Jewel Quest. As well, Luxor, Bejewelled 2, Trivia Machine, Win a million, any MaJongg games.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG - I love both of those. Another good one is Fish Tycoon - you have to be very patient because you are breeding fish and trying to discover the 7 magic fish via cross-breeding, etc. I didn't think I'd like it at first, but it became addictive. The kitties loved watching it too!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just went in and downloaded a bunch of trials from PlayFirst. I love their games - just never checked out the site before. I go to Big Fish Games a lot, and Real Arcade. Anyone have any other sites they like?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bookworm!!
Gotta replace mine since it got lost when my drive failed in October.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I frequent this site a lot when I need a game to pass the time.

Popcap Games

It's a free game site that has versions of Bookworm, Bejeweled, and some of my other favorites.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

I frequent this site a lot when I need a game to pass the time.

Popcap Games

It's a free game site that has versions of Bookworm, Bejeweled, and some of my other favorites.
Went in and looked at that too! I'm bookmarking all of these sites. Some of them will give you free games. I joined Mumbo Jumbo and got a free game, and Big Fish Games gave me two free games - no strings attached, no purchases etc. I am waiting till I get a new computer to start buying games, but if someone wants to give them to me for free, I'm all for it.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll go on Coolquiz.com-theie games tab. I like "mah-jong games too, been playing Aloha Solitare and Tri peaks and similar games like that.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
freearcade.com

they have everything from text rpg games to tetris to my personal favorite
Mahjong!

and everything in between.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abigail

I need a new computer game. something that isn't mindless but not one of those timed shoot em up blast ships type thing.
I liked tetris and want something that takes more skill than speed.
I hate racing the clock.

Can you help?
I still have an old black and white GAMEBOY and the only game I have left for it is Tetris. I know of nothing that has ever been better. However, if you want skill more than speed, it seems like everybody and their brother has a different soduko game for your computer, your PDA, your phone, your iPOD, whatever AND you can turn off the clock!! And right now it is by far the most popular game in the world, just go to your local newstand and see how many dozens of magazines have popped up in the last year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i tried jewel quest and nothng turned to gold, those nasty little skulls kept popping up

bookworm was nice but the game never ends. I want something that has an ending but not timed. like spider solitaire that comes with windows. like i dont have enough ways to waste time already. lol

and i had simcity etc years ago and they were too formulaic.

Am I doomed?

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Go to msn.com and select games. They have lots of games for free. I like text twister, but once you get the hang of it, its easy to spend over an hour on it. They have solitaire there too and jewel quest--all free and many that you don't even have to download. Hope you don't waste as much time there as I do.

Also there are lots of sites with free sudoku games too. I did those for quite a while til I got tired of them.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm tellin you, freearcade.com

if you don't like tell me and I will be SHOCKED!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
okokokokok I discovered the mahjong and shanghai games and I am lost forever now. call me in computer game hell, I will waste time forever. poor me
my husband better move here soon and save me ( pant pant pant)