Spotlight of the Week: ****SophieC****

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The next spotlight of the week is SophieC. Congratulations!

Here are your first questions:

1. Looking around your house, would it look like you lived with your cats instead of your cats living with you? How much stuff do they have? Anything super-fun or interesting?

2. How is the project on the house going? What are you doing to it?

3. Have you always lived in Louisiana? If not, what other states have you lived in?

4. What is your favorite store to buy clothes from?

5. What TV show (if any) do you absolutely have to watch?

6. What decade is your house decorated in?

7. What is your favorite comfort food?

8. Do you drink alcohol? If so, what is your favorite "adult beverage"?

9. What is your favorite feature about yourself?

10. Do you have an SO? If so, how did you meet? If not, what is your favorite thing about being single?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the spotlight SophieC!!

Here are a few!!

Do you watch the news?

Do you prefer coffee or tea?

What is your cats fave toy?

Have you even bee in the hospital?

Do you have kids? Or want them?

What is your fave smiley?

In what position do you sleep in?

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The next spotlight of the week is SophieC. Congratulations!

Thanks for thinking of me Julie!

Here are your first questions:

1. Looking around your house, would it look like you lived with your cats instead of your cats living with you? How much stuff do they have? Anything super-fun or interesting?

Well, since I'm not living in my own house yet (staying with mom & dad), at the moment, I would say it's 50/50. It's only farily recently that I've started buying my cats lots of things.....so we're starting to amass a cat toy collection.
The only really interesting thing is the cat tree that I am currently building. I think I started it in September, but I hope to have it finished before Christmas. I only think it's interesting because I'm building it myself.....most others probably won't find it interesting.

2. How is the project on the house going? What are you doing to it?

The house project is....ummm...let's just say it's going.
I bought my house 9-1/2 years ago and still have not moved into it. I know, I know! That's a long time. Let's just say I'm very detail oriented and very picky (aka anal
) I'm doing most all of the work by myself and I work full time. I guess you could call what I'm doing to it very extensive redecorating and making it like I want it. I wouldn't call it remodeling because no walls are coming down and no new walls are going up.

3. Have you always lived in Louisiana? If not, what other states have you lived in?

Yes, I was born and raised in South Louisiana...in the heart of Cajun Country USA. I really can't imagine myself living anywhere else.

4. What is your favorite store to buy clothes from?

Hmmmm....that's a good question. I really don't have a favorite store. I actually dislike clothes shopping....I don't like the whole trying stuff on just to find it doesn't fit you well. I have the small waist/wide hips thing going on....makes finding pants a difficult (VERY) task when you can stick 2 fists between the back of your waistband and your back.

5. What TV show (if any) do you absolutely have to watch?

Cold Case, House, Lost, CSI (original)

6. What decade is your house decorated in?

Since I'm not in my house yet, it's not exactly decorated.
But, my house was built in 1923.....so it will of course have an older feel to it once I move in. I absolutely LOVE old homes!!

7. What is your favorite comfort food?

ummmm....junk food!

8. Do you drink alcohol? If so, what is your favorite "adult beverage"?

No, I don't drink alcohol. That
is nasty....and that's just my opinion.

9. What is your favorite feature about yourself?

ummmm....you're putting me on the spot...I'm guessing you mean physical feature....never really thought of a favorite feature about myself....let's see.....I'm going to say my eyes. I like the color of them....hazel. When I was a child, they were brown....now they're a cool looking green/brown.

10. Do you have an SO? If so, how did you meet? If not, what is your favorite thing about being single?

No, I don't have a SO. The only thing I like about being single is the ability to do whatever I want without having to take someone else's feelings into consideration......otherwise, it sucks!

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the spotlight SophieC!!

Hey Natalie.....thank you!

Here are a few!!

Do you watch the news?

Yes, I do watch the news....I watch it in the morning while eating breakfast....check it out online during my lunch hour...and usually get a little in at night.

Do you prefer coffee or tea?

Coffee.....that's just nasty! Don't even like the smell of it. Tea....occassionally.

What is your cats fave toy?

I don't know if you can call catnip a toy, but that would be Ansel's favorite....he's not much on physical toys...unless they're catnip drenched. Bella's favorite toy is the little mice that are made out of real rabbit fur. Zan plays with anything and everything. There is a basket with their toys in it on top of the piano...she goes up there and helps herself to whatever she feels like playing with. There are always a scattering of cat toys on the floor...and I know Zan is the one who did it.

Have you even bee in the hospital?

3 times.....The first time was when I was born. he he he The second time was to have my tonsils removed when I was in first grade. The third time (does the ER count?) was this past July when I sliced my leg open with a utility knife....it required 12 stitches....4 on the inside and 8 on the outside.

Do you have kids? Or want them?

I don't have any children. I used to always say that once I got married I wanted 3 children.....that's really not the case anymore....I feel I'm getting to old to think about having children.....plus it sort of requires a second person, you know....the having children thing.

What is your fave smiley?

hmmm....so many to choose from....I like this one.....

In what position do you sleep in?

I always start out flat on my back just becasue it's so nice to get off my feet. Ansel sleeps in my lap while I'm on my back, so sometimes I've actually slept the entire night on my back. Ansel will sleep on my lap and Bella sleeps on my shins.
Zan usually sleeps against my side. When I want to change position, it's to one side or the other....never on my stomach...and the cats just adjust.

Thanks for the questions. Now I'm off to work on the cat tree for awhile.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time for my fave question....

There is a knock at your front door. You open it and there stands the celebrity of your dreams!! Who is it and are they in any danger from you?

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

There is a knock at your front door. You open it and there stands the celebrity of your dreams!! Who is it and are they in any danger from you?
Jan......I am sooooo surprised at the question you asked.....
Actually, I'll have to think on that one and get back to you later.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can pick one extra colour to the rainbow, but only a small number of people across the world will be able to see it. What colour do you pick?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

.........Great Question Jannie!!
.....Let see what going to answer our friend!...

Hi Sophie C!....

Welcome at this wonderful week....we try to be not deeply sneaking in your life!

SO,...Today the topic would be the Mexican Stuffs..........Here we go...

1.- ¿Do you to know México?
2.- ¿Wich part exactly?
3.- Can you speak spanish?
4.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?
5.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)
6.-Do you like the Mexican Food?
( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
7.-Do you like the Tequila?
...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?
8.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock???
9.- have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?
10.- Do you know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach)

Enought for today,....see you tomorrow my friend...

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

You can pick one extra colour to the rainbow, but only a small number of people across the world will be able to see it. What colour do you pick?
hmmmmm...I'm going to say burgundy. I love dark colors.

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Sophie C!....
Welcome at this wonderful week....we try to be not deeply sneaking in your life!
Hi Rigel! Thanks for the welcome!

SO,...Today the topic would be the Mexican Stuffs..........Here we go...

1.- ¿Do you to know MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico?
I have never been to Mexico.

2.- ¿Wich part exactly?
See above answer.

3.- Can you speak spanish?
No, I can't speak spanish. Although, a long time ago, I used to know how to say "I love you more today than yesteray, but less than tomorrow" in spanish. I no longer remember.

4.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?
I have well over 500 cds and can honestly say that I do not own any music by spanish artists.....sorry.

5.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)
No, I've never seen a movie with spanish dialogue.

6.-Do you like the Mexican Food?( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
I do like Mexican food Rigel. Not any real must have preferences, but I like cheese enchiladas. I don't eat meat, so that limits my choices.

7.-Do you like the Tequila?...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?
I don't drink alcohol of any kind.

8.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock???
I have never slept in a hammock, but I do want to get one. I have a spot in my back yard already picked out.

9.- have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?
No...... I can't say that I have ever seen traditional mexican clothes.

10.- Do you know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach)
I am familiar with Cancun, but have never been. Many high school graduates from this area go there for their senior trip after graduating from school. My niece/godchild went there earlier this year. Last year, my cousin's daughter went as well.....she was there all of 2 hours and did something really stupid, which caused her to fall off the balcony from the 4th floor!!!!! Amazingly today, her only lasting injury from the fall was the loss of her eyesight in her left eye.

Enought for today,....see you tomorrow my friend...
Thanks Rigel!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. If you could be any mythical creature (sentient or not), what would it be?

2. If you were a goddess, what would your portfolio be?

3. If you could (or had to) live for a year in a fictional place (book, movie, mythology, folklore, whatever):
a.) where would it be, and
b.) what would you want to try to do there?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SophieC

Jan......I am sooooo surprised at the question you asked.....
Actually, I'll have to think on that one and get back to you later.
Still thinking?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello,
Sophie C! thank you
for your answer at my questions from yesterday let me see
for the questions of today:

The Topic of today would be Music

1.- Wich one is your favourite Gender of Music?
2.- How many Cd´s do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite singer Male?

4.- Wich one is your favourite singer Female?
5.- Have you ever to listened at www.therippingtons.com ?????

6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???
7.- Have you ever to participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?
8.- Do you have any preference to listen a Radio FM station???

9.- In your own opinion wich one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?...

10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?
…

Thank you my friend in advance for your nicely answers, I beg you love the music like I!...

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

3. If you could (or had to) live for a year in a fictional place (book, movie, mythology, folklore, whatever):

Ahhhhh....I was afraid you were going to ask these questions Satai. I'm sorry to disappoint you with my answers (or lack of), but I am not at all knowledgable on this subject matter.

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, Jan, I was still thinking on it. As a matter of fact, I decided to "sleep on it" for a couple of nights. While I was sleeping, I visited my dreams and discovered that there were no celebrities hanging around. There are no celebrities that I drool over......I'm beyond that stage.

With that being said, there are a small handful of "celebrities" that I wouldn't mind knocking on my door. We would enjoy a nice dinner and a long, thought-provoking conversation. They would be....

1. Bono (from U2)
2. Michael Stipe (from REM)
3. Natalie Merchant (formerly of 10.000 Maniacs)

And no, they would not be in any danger from me because they are.....

1...married
2...gay
3...female

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Sophie C! thank you for your answer at my questions from yesterday let me see for the questions of today:

Hi again Rigel!
You're very welcome!

The Topic of today would be Music

I LOVE music!!

1.- Wich one is your favourite Gender of Music?

Do you mean gender or genre?

2.- How many Cd´s do you have?

Well, I don't have an exact number in my head...but I can tell you that I have a case that was custom made by my dad (I designed it). It has 7 drawers and each drawer holds 100 cds. My cds currently end in drawer 6...so between 500 & 600. I also have quite a few bootlegs.

3.- Wich one is your favourite singer Male?

Michael Stipe

4.- Wich one is your favourite singer Female?

Natalie Merchant

5.- Have you ever to listened at www.therippingtons.com ?????

No, I can't say that I have....but will check it out.

6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???

Yes, 10.000 Maniacs and Natalie Merchant....I have a massive collection.....all cds commercially released and lots of bootlegs.

7.- Have you ever to participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?

Do you mean have I attenteded a concert of my favorite artist? If so, the answer is yes.....I saw 10.000 Maniacs only once before Natalie went solo.
I've seen Natalie Merchant 9 times!!

8.- Do you have any preference to listen a Radio FM station???

The only time I listen to the radio is at work. I listen to a local college station which broadcasts NPR as well as airing some fantastic local programs. At home and in the car, I listen to cds.

9.- In your own opinion wich one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?...

I'm a pretty firm supporter of supporting an artist by buying their commercially released album. I don't own any MP3s. I wouldn't like owning something with no information on the artist...because if I like it, I know nothing about them.

10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?…

When I was a child I took piano lessons. As an adult, I regret that I stopped consdering my love of music. I do own an acoustic guitar, but have yet to have the time to learn how to play it.

Thank you my friend in advance for your nicely answers, I beg you love the music like I!...

Thanks again Rigel!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ahhhhh....I was afraid you were going to ask these questions Satai. I'm sorry to disappoint you with my answers (or lack of), but I am not at all knowledgable on this subject matter.
That's ok hon, I hadn't realised that they were hard, just meant to be fun. As you can probably tell, I'm a day dreamer!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

3 times.....The first time was when I was born. he he he The second time was to have my tonsils removed when I was in first grade. The third time (does the ER count?) was this past July when I sliced my leg open with a utility knife....it required 12 stitches....4 on the inside and 8 on the outside.
Once the shock and pain wore off, did you find it cool to have stitches?

Do you have any other scars?

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

Once the shock and pain wore off, did you find it cool to have stitches?

Do you have any other scars?
Actually, the pain did not come until the next day. The actual cutting of the leg....I didn't feel it at all....it was practically a brand new blade in my utility knife. Shock? Sure, there was some shock. I didn't find it cool to have stitches....but that was mainly because it was preventing me from working on my house!
The one cool part about stitches was that I got to wear shorts to work until they were removed. I cut my leg where the knee bends...so pants (and even skirts....I tried) were out of the question. The material would catch on the stitches and pull them. I have the whole story of what I stupidly did if you're interested....it's already typed up in an email I sent out to a friend earlier this year when he asked how it happened....I would only have to cut & paste.

I do have other scars.....but nothing in comparison to this one on my knee. It did not heal well at all. It's rather ugly.