Look what I made-- painted calico

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, well I didn't MAKE it...but I did paint it! I got it at one of those pick/paint-your-own-plaster-sculpture places.

I had a lot of trouble with the eyes, and getting the spots to look fairly realistic... I had to mix a lot of paints to get the colors looking ok too. Not bad for someone who doesn't really know how to paint, I guess? Not to mention I did it without any actual detail brushes
not very good selection of small brushes at that place...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cool! Wonder if we have anything like that around here. It sounds like fun! When I was a kid my mother and I did some pumpkins at home and she had them finished at the school she worked at. I'd like to try something more creative, like putting the pattern on the kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is fun! I also find it relaxing, probably partly because when I've gone has been at odd times so it's usually really empty... It's nice because they have all the paints and everything out, you don't have to worry about cleaning up or anything- you just paint. I've painted a couple of things but I think that cat turned out the best.

trinettec

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Really good job. If it is okay I would like to send this photo to my sister who also paints ceramics and ask her to do something simialar for me in honor of my 3 calicos.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trinettec

Really good job. If it is okay I would like to send this photo to my sister who also paints ceramics and ask her to do something simialar for me in honor of my 3 calicos.
Sure!
As long as you show me a photo of the results...

I chose a calico because I thought it would be more interesting and challenging than just doing a one-colored cat. Or say black and white like my cat...

I also have done a dog one, I think it turned out really cool but I did it very strange. It was a German Shepherd and instead of painting it black and tan or whatever, I painted the head normally and then painted (back) half of it like a cloudy sky and the other (front) half like a starry sky.